Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Finding Cone Tips for Staining

Question

I'm wanting to stock up on my back-up supply of cone tips that will work with my deckster set up. Im using the adjustable trigger spray gun. $20 for a cone tip seems a bit steep. Anyone have a "go-to" for these buggers? Thanks!

post-1749-13777220767_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

Matt,

Just purchased a few from ACR Products. Think they were maybe $14 apiece? I don't recall, just ask for Barbara.

Thanks Rick. I was in the office working today and I spent over an hour hunting tips for the sprayer! Hard to believe that Sunbrite and ACR are te only ones selling tips for a deckster gun!

I bought one 2 years ago for my deckster and it is still going strong. Best tip ever.

Sun Brite Supply sells them as well. I swear by those tips. I have a plastic one for backup but have never to date used it.

In adjustable brass format similar to pictured can be had at Ace for $7+ or $6+ at Whitecap. Those type are what come on Chapin industrial pumpups. Actually just bought the Extreme pumpup concrete sprayer yesterday. Is pretty sweet I must say. Came with .5 gpm fan and a 1 gpm fan for 30-35% solids. I also got the cone tip while I was at it.

You could go to PumpTec directly but you will have at least a 3 week back order on anything.

Tom tries to keep a good stock since he and Pete are the only distributors and trying to help shorten the wait.

Rod!~

It's always good to have a few sources for supplies. This is a good time of year to stock up on things like tips, quick connects, o-rings, swivel unions, etc..... any of those parts that need replacing from time to time that if you don't have on eon a job site, you are in trouble if it goes. We stock up from ACR Products great service, fast delivery. Also get a new gun etc, and if your hose is old get a backup. Last thing you want is a blown hose with no spare. No spare hose is like no spare tire. If it blows you are stuck. Being stuck is the pits.

Things happen, try to be ready, work safely!

Beth

Matt, Tractor supply has them as well for 9.00 bucks.

variable degree cone tip. Plus alot of other reasonably priced ag tips and fittings.

A store corrected me.. what I lookin for is a round tip for airless not a cone..lol.. UMM but yea they all say such is not made for airless. Have seen them in a flat tip insert type. Being I wanted one for off an extension wand it looks like I have to rig something up with the Chapin type tips. Thought there was a thread somewheres here where someone drilled out a fan tip with a specific drill bit size to make short work of the issue. Thinking it would have to be like a .013 size to get the mist I am after. Any more thoughts on this?

ps- "mist I am after" LOL..I CRACK MYSELF UP SOMETIMES!!

Edited by MMI Enterprises
Mist was for staining crete with penetrating stain

I'm wanting to stock up on my back-up supply of cone tips that will work with my deckster set up. Im using the adjustable trigger spray gun. $20 for a cone tip seems a bit steep. Anyone have a "go-to" for these buggers? Thanks!

You can get a cone tip from Princess Auto in Canada pt#8116626 (6.99 cdn) , they have a 1/4 inlet , you will have to take off the brass adapter and screw it on the tube. Check there web site for contact info.