Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Hicks

My vacation

Question

I am going on vacation on Saturday. My work is not on schedule, I am about 2 weeks behind on everything except hoods. Hoods are a couple of months behind. But, Dee says we are going on vacation on Saturday. We are going to Thailand for 2 weeks. I don't recall being asked, but I do remember being told. Not being totally stupid, this time I am doing as I am told. To me a real vacation is hunting camp in the fall/winter and hunting deer and elk with my family.

I need some advice on how to communicate with my business while we are gone. My cell phone will not work in Thailand, teh phone at RangeRoamer.com is always busy, Mobilrental.com does not seem to have a service in Thailand. I only found two calling card companies, one of which is based in Bermuda. No way do I want to give my credit card info to a company out of the US. Nobel.com calling card company does not respond to phone calls or e-mails. Does anyone have any experience with traveling out of country and still being able to communicate with your business?

More important, any reccomentded beers in Thailand?

This will be my first time out of the US, not counting California.

4 answers to this question

I am going on vacation on Saturday. My work is not on schedule, I am about 2 weeks behind on everything except hoods. Hoods are a couple of months behind. But, Dee says we are going on vacation on Saturday. We are going to Thailand for 2 weeks. I don't recall being asked, but I do remember being told. Not being totally stupid, this time I am doing as I am told. To me a real vacation is hunting camp in the fall/winter and hunting deer and elk with my family.

I need some advice on how to communicate with my business while we are gone. My cell phone will not work in Thailand, teh phone at RangeRoamer.com is always busy, Mobilrental.com does not seem to have a service in Thailand. I only found two calling card companies, one of which is based in Bermuda. No way do I want to give my credit card info to a company out of the US. Nobel.com calling card company does not respond to phone calls or e-mails. Does anyone have any experience with traveling out of country and still being able to communicate with your business?

More important, any reccomentded beers in Thailand?

This will be my first time out of the US, not counting California.

Get a prepaid mastercard from wallmart with only a set amount on it to use for a calling card... They will only have access to what you have on the card.

I use them for my employees when they are out of town.

Matt

ahhhhh Thailand....takes me back to my Navy days. Pattaya Beach ~ you can get every brand of beer there. Make sure they open the bottle/can in front of you. Be careful with tapped beer and remember......don't drink the water. :cheers:

Have fun Doug!!

Gotta love a guy who's major concern on a trip halfway around the world is the quality of beer available. And who recognizes that California is really a foreign country.