Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

YOUR Opinion On This ?

Question

27 answers to this question

Chris, It seems like theres no end in sight. The gas situation has hurt alot of people and it trickles down to everyone and everything. It's not fair but what can we do. The only thing you can do is try and do the best you can, find new ways to get business, sometimes you have to think outside the box! We are spending over $500.00 a week easy here and yes it hurts. Everyone keep pushing and maybe soon it will turn around. Remember a closed mouth doesn't get fed. Like you told me a while back get out and talk to anyone who will listen.

Chris, do you know what percentage profits the oil companies make on their rip off??? Try 6 cents a gallon, not 6% but 6 cents. A 1.5% profit margin is closer than I would like to cut it in any business.

Chris, do you know what percentage profits the oil companies make on their rip off??? Try 6 cents a gallon, not 6% but 6 cents. A 1.5% profit margin is closer than I would like to cut it in any business.

Thanks for the info Scott.

I thought they were ripping us all off ?

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning

Chris, It seems like theres no end in sight. The gas situation has hurt alot of people and it trickles down to everyone and everything. It's not fair but what can we do. The only thing you can do is try and do the best you can, find new ways to get business, sometimes you have to think outside the box! We are spending over $500.00 a week easy here and yes it hurts. Everyone keep pushing and maybe soon it will turn around. Remember a closed mouth doesn't get fed. Like you told me a while back get out and talk to anyone who will listen.

Or, apply the 3 foot rule ?

Hand a card out to anyone within 3 feet ?

Remember the ABC's ?

Always Be Closing ?

I am a sales machine every where I go, always looking in a nice way for a sale, or a lead.

I JUST quoted a guy last week, he called back, offered 50 bucks less !

I told him I would have to cut my groud man, and weaken my chemicals ro get there because of the diesel prices.

He agreed to pay the price,

The problem is the volume of oil they are selling is what is driving their record profits. That is why it is so insane.

Incidentally, if you own any kind of 401k with a mutual fund, you are probably profiting off the increase in fuel prices.

The problem is the volume of oil they are selling is what is driving their record profits. That is why it is so insane.

Incidentally, if you own any kind of 401k with a mutual fund, you are probably profiting off the increase in fuel prices.

Yeah, tax and spend is certainly not the answer, but we all need some releif from gas and diesel prices ...

Glad they were able to block it. Businesses don't pay taxes...their end consumers do. Tax increase on oil companies is a tax increase on us..in the price we pay at the pump

Simplest principle yet it amazes me that democrats cant understand it

I've heard different where is your info from Id like to look at it.

Here I'll gripe abit...Some say it all about demand but demand of industrializing coutries such as China and India supposedly driving prices up doesn't make sense to me unless there is shortage of it being available. I heard it said countries or speculators are buying and stock piling it up for profit minded resale at later date and is what is fueling the out of control hikes. Apparently even OPEC is calling for checking things as they know they are bound to loose some their customer base (countries that are gettin the shaft) if too many get on board and decide to dump money into development of alternative energy sources.

I tired of hearing about demand...there has always been means to keep pricing down of things that are automatically needed by everyone. They (whow ever that is) like to use the word in my opinion to side track us and belittle the real issue of pockets getting lined with big fat money. Another way of saying "demand" can be that there is "competition to be a customer" and that in my my mind makes no sense if the oil be flowing. And we all know it is, isn't it??.. In considering the word "competition" it may automatically remind some folk that the word most usually applies to compettion on a seller/producer end. I say there are forces at work that are meant to eny us a right to blaim the seller/producers. The oil industry surely has things aligned in a monopoly type plan and some fat pig goobermint entities have no reason to even try and fix the sudden pricing hike, which is a shock and very burdensome to many, when their pockets or their main constituants pockets are getting filled.

Our country as well as other countries are dropping the ball in that not only should being more self sufficient be on agenda but also some sort of revamp/adjustment of the oil industry in general that changes the obvious monopoly situation going on.

Anyone ever hear of the big oil demand countries considering a get together/coalition effort to do something?. Like yea right.. the leaders and folks with money are just redistributing the money towards their own pockets and have no reason to do anything different for the masses at this point when there is plenty of middle class bank accounts and retirements still full of money. I don't hesitate to say that there is plenty of folks that gas prices just don't effect as much as it does others. Not only do some such folk not even drive much but they don't care if they will have to pay abit more for distributed and manufactured items. The fat cats holding all the cards been purposely moving things in general offshore setting the people of the United States up into dependacy relationships for years and years. The plan is all coming together to rake people over the fire and suck America dry of its great wealth which was built off homebased ingenuity and oil. We got to bring it home people, we got to rid the red tape, we have to declare war on energy devolpment and keeping our own house in order...sorry for being so long, more to say but dinner calls..

What is YOUR opinion on this Republicans block extra taxes on oil companies - Yahoo! News

In case anyone hasn't heard, Oil Companies are ripping us off !

What exactly is a "windfall profit"? Can you define that for me?

Doesn't matter what their profit margin is...even if they're losing money, they're still evil rich white republicans getting richer off the backs of us poor working class losers...LOL

Thanks for the info Scott.

I thought they were ripping us all off ?

So think a lot of mis-informed knee-jerk reactionaries.

Exactly. The vast majority (in the high 90 percent) of stockholders in oil companies are mutual funds and the like.

well i heard that out of a 55gal drum of crude oil makes something like180gal of gas.not to mention the other biproducts they can produce.so why is gas running $4 a gal.and next door in mexico i can fill my truck up (38gal tank)for $65 and here in the states it will cost me $160?if you ask me its the jackass in office thats making this happen cause he has friends in high places and he invested money in their co. but i dont want to get all fired up on this subject,just givin my .02

So we take every gal sold, divide by every person vested in mutuals, times it by 6 cent, and call them all retired. Guess everyone vested in mutuals will see a 50% profit this year...lol :)

ps- Joe, not far off the mark....every gal sold equals higher tax profit to goobermints. So why do anything when they just gained what is basically a new commodity/thing to count on?

Far as what each barrel of oil could make..not sure anyone knows exactly what it could be but I doubt it anything near the figure you heard. A 55 gal drum is 44 gal but oil is based on 42 gal. Oil to Gasoline

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Anyone who lived during the Carter administration knows taxing the oil companies doesn't work. It is also a dangerous game to let the government decide what an "unfair" profit is and punish a company or industry for it. All of you are business owners. If the government thought you were making too much money and raised your taxes what would be your reaction? I hope everyone in the class said raise their pricing to offset the loss. Anytime the government passes a higher tax onto a business that business is going to pass the cost to the consumer and you will pay the taxes in the form of higher prices. If anyone is making a windfall profit it is our government that takes 60% of our earnings each year and wastes the majority of it. I want the government to be punished for theft, blackmail, extortion, misappropriation of funds, etc. If anyone in private business did what our government does they would be in jail.

well i heard that out of a 55gal drum of crude oil makes something like180gal of gas.not to mention the other biproducts they can produce.so why is gas running $4 a gal.and next door in mexico i can fill my truck up (38gal tank)for $65 and here in the states it will cost me $160?if you ask me its the jackass in office thats making this happen cause he has friends in high places and he invested money in their co. but i dont want to get all fired up on this subject,just givin my .02

Seriously Joe. Gas in Mexico is that cheap ?

In Germany it is like 7 dollars a gallon, I am told ?

Gas in Mexico is cheaper than the US. My guess is the price difference has more to do with how much tax the Mexican government levies on the gas and the fewer environmental, transportation, etc regualtions than it has to do with Bush helping out his buddies here. Just for the record I am not a Bush supporter.

So $130.00 in crude turns into $720.00 worth of gasoline. Wow, the oil companies just made $590.00 in windfall profits!! LOL. Of course, there's the cost of refining it and transporting it, and government taxes. Bush has no investments in oil companies...that, I believe, was one requirement of the job...

So we take every gal sold, divide by every person vested in mutuals, times it by 6 cent, and call them all retired. Guess everyone vested in mutuals will see a 50% profit this year...lol :)

ps- Joe, not far off the mark....every gal sold equals higher tax profit to goobermints. So why do anything when they just gained what is basically a new commodity/thing to count on?

Far as what each barrel of oil could make..not sure anyone knows exactly what it could be but I doubt it anything near the figure you heard. A 55 gal drum is 44 gal but oil is based on 42 gal. Oil to Gasoline

The amount of government tax on a gallon of gas doesn't change because gas went from $2.50/gallon to $4.00/gallon. If anything, higher prices means LESS income to the government, because the higher it goes, the less people are driving, and the more economical they try to be. So if less gas is sold, that means less tax revenue for the government. To say the government is happy with high gas prices doesn't make sense.

Gas in Mexico is cheaper than the US. My guess is the price difference has more to do with how much tax the Mexican government levies on the gas and the fewer environmental, transportation, etc regualtions than it has to do with Bush helping out his buddies here. Just for the record I am not a Bush supporter.

I'm sure there are a lot of factors involved in why gas is cheaper there. Less environmental restrictions, less government tax, and cheaper labor are likely some of the top reasons. Same reason electronics from China are cheaper...Why pay some American to assemble a product for $30.00/hour when you can pay a Chinese worker pennies on the dollar?

The amount of government tax on a gallon of gas doesn't change because gas went from $2.50/gallon to $4.00/gallon.

Last time I heard, taxes paid on products are taxed at a percentage. Some types of tax are even listed on pumps. So until you show some sort of proof negating that I will continue to believe more revenue is going to the goobermint than ever.

I have no problem with believing what ya say..Just please point us to some sort of proof. Thanx Mike!

Last time I heard, taxes paid on products are taxed at a percentage. Some types of tax are even listed on pumps. So until you show some sort of proof negating that I will continue to believe more revenue is going to the goobermint than ever.

I have no problem with believing what ya say..Just please point us to some sort of proof. Thanx Mike!

The federal gas tax is $0.184 per gallon. There are 7 states who also charge a percentage (ranging from 2% to 9%). Then you have local taxes, which of course are too numerous and wide ranging to list here. So as far as the feds, and most states, gas tax is charged as a flat rate per gallon, not a percentage of total sales.

Gas Taxes

FactCheck.org: Does the government really make more in taxes from the sale of a gallon of gasoline than the oil companies do?

And you're right, most sales taxes on products are on a percentage basis. However, as I just pointed out, most states don't charge sales tax on gas, nor do the feds.

Mike, Thanx for them links... I don't see these conversations limited to fed tax or sales tax. Your links aren't helping a case for goobermint entities not capitalizing off the huge money of the gas/oil industry in my opinion especially when I live in Ca where we are paying $4.45+ per gal of gas at the pump. Where you think the price difference between what oil per gal used to be on world market and the current $3.20 goes? It just lines the oil baron/sheiks pocket or do those they beholding to are profiting as well?. We are to think whatever goobermint entities they workin under are gonna let them slide without getting their share?. Or you by chance gonna elude the money is not profit at all but now suddenly goes into R&D or something?. That would be magical. Is all a big game of hide the money, now ya see it now ya don't.. like first it was in our pocket and now it not in anyones pocket.