Sign in to follow this  
Rob R.

Just tryed my new xjet m5 not impressed..

Question

Reading online you would think this thing cooks your food and brings it to you.. After using it I was not impressed, shoots only 20ft in the air and it was not windy out either :)... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it just did not spray as far as I thought 35ft (5ft less the OG xjet).. I did not bother to hook up the chemical line yet per the instructions said to rinse it was not needed.. It does have a slight water dribble from the nozzle so that may be affecting the distance. overall just not impressed.. It looks like I will be using this just to apply chemical/detergent since my DS'ing is not working 100% for some reason (clogged maybe? hydrotek machine/pump only has 10 hrs on it brand new! :/) but thats another issue for another day all together!

any suggestions are welcomed!

-rob

Edited by Rob R.

12 answers to this question

Reading online you would think this thing cooks your food and brings it to you.. After using it I was not impressed, shoots only 20ft in the air and it was not windy out either :)... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it just did not spray as far as I thought 35ft (5ft less the OG xjet).. I did not bother to hook up the chemical line yet per the instructions said to rinse it was not needed.. It does have a slight water dribble from the nozzle so that may be affecting the distance. overall just not impressed.. It looks like I will be using this just to apply chemical/detergent since my DS'ing is not working 100% for some reason (clogged maybe? hydrotek machine/pump only has 10 hrs on it brand new! :/) but thats another issue for another day all together!

any suggestions are welcomed!

-rob

Mine shoots twice what your does.....Guess your machine is smaller....I love my X-jet

Honestly, I have the X-Jet M5 and I can't complain one bit, I couldnt imagine pressure washing without it. I never use a ladder (I use it to apply chems and to rinse) unless its like a 4 story house.

Which M5 did you get? I do believe there are 3 different one for PSI ranges, I got a 3000-4000 PSI one, and my machine is 3750 PSI and it goes FAR!

Maybe yours has a little defect?

Edited by PressureX

As far as the x-jet i have used it in the past with great results don't what the problem could be. I downstream now and found that if i don't rinse my injector or clean it occasionally after using Sh it will not work properly. Try taking it apart and cleaning and see if that helps.

I have a 16hp briggs&stratton vtwin 3000psi @ 5gpm I got the correct xjet (for 3000-4000psi)... hmmm

Rob,

One of our machines is 8 GPM and our x-jet shoots up to 60 feet with no wind. The GPM of the machine will play into your range. Also try getting an inexpensive aluminum lance (5, 6, 8 ft take your pick - they also come larger and you can connect two etc) and put that on the gun, and put the x-jet on the end of that to extend your reach.

With our other machine, which is 4.6 GPM we get about 35 feet, so you are in line with range based on your machine. Try an aluminum lance.

Hope that helps, and remember better the x-jet than washing on a ladder any day. Wind, is your biggest issue....

Beth

Rob,

One of our machines is 8 GPM and our x-jet shoots up to 60 feet with no wind. The GPM of the machine will play into your range. Also try getting an inexpensive aluminum lance (5, 6, 8 ft take your pick - they also come larger and you can connect two etc) and put that on the gun, and put the x-jet on the end of that to extend your reach.

With our other machine, which is 4.6 GPM we get about 35 feet, so you are in line with range based on your machine. Try an aluminum lance.

Hope that helps, and remember better the x-jet than washing on a ladder any day. Wind, is your biggest issue....

Beth

Thanks beth I did consider using my extensions along w/ the xjet but yet to try it out, interesting that you get more footage out of your higher gpm machine...I just bought (2) 6ft wands from sunbrite and used those on a 3 story house last week..Major pita using a 4ft gun/wand with both 6ft extensions (heavy and hard to control) obviously even worse when I was on the ladder! My shoulder was rather sore which is the main reason I pony'ed up the $150 for a xjet.. I have a fiberglass telescoping wand (24') I bought online and its junk! jammed up won't slide back in for some reason.. I will be trying some stronger recipes so I can use less pressure too, I have been DS'ing $unbrites power house rather diluted with chlorox outdoor bleach and dish soap..I will try a stronger concentrated recipe this week, simple cherry and 12.5% with a squirt of dish soap and x-jetting..hope this combo works for me for a long time!

Thanks beth I did consider using my extensions along w/ the xjet but yet to try it out, interesting that you get more footage out of your higher gpm machine...I just bought (2) 6ft wands from sunbrite and used those on a 3 story house last week..Major pita using a 4ft gun/wand with both 6ft extensions (heavy and hard to control) obviously even worse when I was on the ladder! My shoulder was rather sore which is the main reason I pony'ed up the $150 for a xjet.. I have a fiberglass telescoping wand (24') I bought online and its junk! jammed up won't slide back in for some reason.. I will be trying some stronger recipes so I can use less pressure too, I have been DS'ing $unbrites power house rather diluted with chlorox outdoor bleach and dish soap..I will try a stronger concentrated recipe this week, simple cherry and 12.5% with a squirt of dish soap and x-jetting..hope this combo works for me for a long time!

Telescoping wands can be hard to control at times and can cause back strain. We rarely use them anymore, but occasionally we do. Use a back brace when working with them. A lightweight aluminum lance is soooooo much easier to control with an x-jet on the end. You might want to pick up a soft bristled truck washing brush and a long aluminum pole (they are two sections and retract - go up about 12 feet, look in the window cleaning isle). They come in handy for agitating areas you have applied house washing mix to, and it is safer to do a little brushing from a ladder (or at least it feels that way to me) than pulling the trigger on the gun is from a ladder. Simple cherry makes the house smell nice! :)

Beth

My M5 x jet works fine for me. It shoots upwards of 35-40'. Note the M5 does shoot shorter than the original x jet. I use Simple C, 4oz of F13 gutter grenade and a squirt of Dawn with SH, even 6% most of the time (can't find 12.5 close) at 3 gal to a 5er and it has worked every time using the M5 full draw (no partishioners). Had a house last week that had mold and alge literly scaling on top of it's self. Melted off with one pass. X jetted on and off 2 story house. (note apparently Wal mart started selling 10% SH in pool supply section)

Edited by MudDuck

If it is a yellow telescoping wand, the probable cause of the "lock-up" is either a slight bend on the aluminum portion of the pole or some dirt getting into the the collar that tightens. Find someone else to push one side while you push the other... it'll give and slide back in (of course my crew is me 6'1" 195 lbs. and my helper 5'10" 240 lbs - not small guys). Also, try spraying into the collar with moderate pressure from your washer, if caked up dirt is in there, it'll break free.

Edited by Gutter Squad