Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What are you really paying for gas?

Thanks for sharing that Beth. I use cash only because I don't pay attention to receipts like I should. Also, I have been noticing that when I'm pumping gas, the meter jumps from, say for instance, $49.90 straight to $50.00. Somebody got the LAW on it so maybe those roguish gas station managers might try something else to beat us out of our money.

Yolanda

A friend of mine sent it to me, and given how much fuel we all consume, I thought it was worth sharing. Nobody wants to get that kind of surprise.

Diesel here is $5.09!!!

Gas is not much better...

Beth

That good info, I hate the news crews saying they are trying to hang on. I have not seen a gas station close down in years. The station owners we work for love the current situation and love the high gas prices. The new said they are struggling. This report I'm sure is happening in places, dishonest people exist everywhere.

The struggling service station rocks me. LOL that reporter has no idea about the service station industry. The service station industry is reporting record numbers. Fuel is higher and profits are larger.

I happen to work for the Cardon oil company. They are the largest retailer of gas in the country and the guy who started the company was my neighbor year’s back. He is still a friend of mine and talking with him about a year ago he said he would never have to worry about his finances for his life and his grandchildren life.( entire family)

This was the price for a station done last night, this was requested and two year ago they would have laughed at you.

070908_114100.jpgren’s lives. This work took 6 hours (so much for lowball commercial work and 99 dollar house washes.

I don’t advocate service stations as soliciting because over the last 25 years they treat vendors like crap. Lately I have been getting whatever I ask.

Beth: thanks for the reminder. i just got upset at the reporters comment. Good Tip

Capitalism at work. Don't knock it, opportunity can make fortunes.

Kind of fun getting old. I lived in Denver during the '73-'74 fuel meltdown. Complain and moan all you want, but you have not lived through a supply crisis.

Check a 20 - 30 - 40 year chart on gasoline prices verses home prices, food prices, property taxes, CPI, or many other prices.

The oil patch has always been boom and bust. There may be a relief after the change of year.