Sign in to follow this  
bigchaz

stain in the shower

Question

NO not what you might be thinking....

Most days I come home with a good amount of deck stain on my forearms and ankles from spraying railings and floors.

I clean it every few weeks but the level of deck stain in my shower is getting progressively worse. You can feel the oil and see the orangish hue all along the sides of the shower stall

I use a regular bathroom bleach cleaner and also tried kaboom with a scrub brush too but it doesn't seem to fully get it off.

This may be a risky proposition but is there a way to strip the shower with something that will take those oils up? I realize most of you probably haven't cleaned a shower in years, but its a perk of being single for me... So could you be so kind as to inquire what your significant other may use to clean the shower

10 answers to this question

Easy Off Oven Cleaner

Just test it first to make sure it doesnt remove any finish. I wouldn't expect it too but would hate to hear your shower is down to bare fiberglass :)

Edited by Greg R

Go to a boating store and get FSR (fiberglas stain remover). We use it on boat water lines and rust stains any stain on a boat without affecting the gelcoat, should work on a shower

Easy Off Oven Cleaner

Just test it first to make sure it doesnt remove any finish. I wouldn't expect it too but would hate to hear your shower is down to bare fiberglass :)

Make sure a bathroom window is open for ventilation!

Yea window open. I was thinking Easy Off might work if i dont scrub it. It should wipe off pretty easily if i can just get it to melt off.

Should melt right off..... I second the open a window thing :) That stuff puts off some fumes for sure.

We have a vinyl shower stall and the floor of it got really bad. The one thing I found that worked but still needed some scrubbing was by using Lysol toilet bowl cleaner.

Poured it on and evenly brushed it around, let dwell for about 15-20 minutes and then came back and scrubbed a bit before rinsing. It came clean and white again.

Rod!~

The main thing I swear by is the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Anytime I have given up on cleaners I tried the eraser and I have always been happy. I use it on my walls, my tubs, my sinks. (which some are even dull porceline so dirt clings to that everytime)

(answer.yahho .com says)