Sign in to follow this  
CompletelyClean

Chems cost?

Question

Does anyone have a breakdown of their chem costs for restoring a deck? I wonder what the cheapest chems are to use for stripping, neutralizing, and sealing wood per s.f. without faltering on quality? Anyone want to share their preferences and material costs?

I hope these questions aren't out of line on this board as I know they would be on other boards. Are we allowed to mention other products which are not offered here? If not, I apologize in advance.

4 answers to this question

Mentioning of other products here is fine, as long as it is not an advertisment. I do not do wood, but from what I have read about the products sold by Beth, they are very good items and the cost is alot less than many other items out there.

HD-80, EFC38, and Citralic Acid are the items to look for in the store.

Beth, do you have a breakdown per s.f. of these items (efc38, HD80, and Citralic)? How about when used in conjunction with Wood Tux? Thanks.

When I first started doing wood restoration last year, I tried a lot of different products, including the efc, HD80, and Citralic. I think they worked PERFECT. Then I tried the Timberstrip products and found them to be as comparable as can be, yet they were priced lower, thus increasing my margins. Also, the sealer I used exclusively last year was Ready Seal. I would REALLY like to explore the possibility of increasing my margins on the wood side of my business. I enjoy the work (and results) more than house washing, however the margins are very small in comparison because of the chems (and time).

Give me a call. Just because we are neighbors doesn't mean I wouldn't help you out. Need to know where you plan on getting your chemicals from. pre mixed are quite alot more exspensive than the ones that you buy in their raw state, and store in drums. I use the ones I have to mix. Little more time but well worth saving the money. No this isn't a sale or nor do I get anything out of this. Just the I shopped around for a long time too finally find someone who has good deals here local near us. Was getting too costly to have shipped.