Sign in to follow this  
Greg R

Custom Armstrong Color - Sierra Rustic :)

Question

Here's a deck we just finished. The builder completed construction in the Spring and told the homeowner he seals decks all the time. In fact he has a couple guys that does nothing but :) They called a week later in horror after the builder applied 2 or 3 coats of this Behr crap :)

We stripped it down and brought her back to new then sealed with Sierra Rustic :) Its a 50/50 mix of sierra redwood and rustic brown. Cool color and it goes much better with the brick and landscape.

post-1818-137772215862_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

A little under 5 Gallons Beth. The deck was 868 Sq ft with 54' of rail. This was stripped and buffed out but still fairly new cedar (3 months). I want to try this color on some older pine to see what we get next.

A little under 5 Gallons Beth. The deck was 868 Sq ft with 54' of rail. This was stripped and buffed out but still fairly new cedar (3 months). I want to try this color on some older pine to see what we get next.

I just can never understand what the thought process is for anyone,,bulider or HO,,to spend the money on a nice wood like cedar or red wood and then think,,,Hmmmm, I know I'll put PAINT over it,,,Just no nice word for STUPID... If I was that HO I'd be sending your bill to the builder insisting he pay for it. Thats just gross negligence there. That didn't even match anything and obviously was just some crap those guys had in the back of their truck left over from the last job. Turned out cool though. Be sure to post some pics when you get to put it on some PT pine.

From what I see, our friends out west and up north don't use much treated pine. That's mainly what we have down here in dixie. I posted some pics of woodland brown and mountain cedar on treated pine in the thread called "Armstrong Clark semi solids"