Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Envirospec?

Question

I was just wondering if I could receive some feed back on some of the chemicals sold by Envirospec; primarily their house, deck, and concrete cleaners.

Also, has anyone used their silicone sealers and what would you use to clean a house that is painted but will not be repainted; paint is on asbestos shingles.

What gets the white Lime off brick siding?

I am starting up a small part time service and looking for some advice, thanks for your comments.

Steve

15 answers to this question

Envirospec sells very good chemicals for housewashing. I use a 2 step process where I wash with Limonene and after rinsing apply Sil-o-wet. The sil-o-wet is a silicant which will help to protect the siding from mold and mildew regrowth. It also gives it a nice new look sheen (aluminum and vinyl siding). Hope this helps.

Herb Hewlett

Herb's Pressure Washing

If it's outside and dirty we clean it

I've tried the d-Limonene from espec...it is ok, but I've found something much better. I still have 1/2 a drum of the Limonene if you want to buy it... :)

email me if you're interested in what I'm talking about.

I use the Emulsifier Plus from Espec. Works very well for me. Of course you have to do your own testing to determine what strength is required to get the results you are looking for. That's the only chemical from them I use. Actually, it pays to have working relationships with several vendors, to prevent yourself from getting in a bind.

Mike, what is it that you use?

I use the Emulsifier Plus as well and I find it to be a good accompaniment with chlorine,which is a necessity here in Florida. I have also recently tried "Ripper" their gutter cleaning compound which works good but I would like to find somthing that works with just a spray on and rinse off method without any agitation.

What is the mix ratio for the Citracleen? Do you dilute it? Do you add anything else to it? Does it tackle mold and mildew like chlorine? It looks less harmful than chlorine which is a big plus. And with the Sil-o-wet... what does it do to windows and screens when it dries?

I use 1/2 gallon per 5 gallons of housewash, mixed with 1-2 gallons of 10.5% pool chlorine, and water. Depending on what I'm washing, I may add some wax. It is a detergent, intended to clean dirt, not kill mold. There's nothing wrong with chlorine, just keep any plants rinsed. I've never had chlorine harm anything (except my clothes!). Maybe there is some all in one product out there that kills mold AND cleans, but I haven't found it. The citracleen works much better than any soap I've tried, and I've heard that same comment from quite a few others who use it also. In fact, those comments were eventually what made me overcome my skepticism and order it. Wish I hadn't waited. I've cut my wash time WAY down by using this soap and using a bit more chlorine.

Windows come out good, depending on the water they may spot up a bit. I don't let the wash mix dry on the windows, I keep them rinsed pretty well.

Nope, never used the Silo-wet. As far as changing the mix ratio, I wouldn't bother changing, it except maybe to lower the chlorine level a bit...You're drawing closer to 1:1 with your machine, so you'll end up with a higher concentration coming out of the Xjet. You could even get away with lowering the citracleen level. If it were me, I'd play with the ratio a bit to see what works best. I'm drawing 2.2:1, so I suppose you could lower the citracleen level to 1/4-1/3 of a gallon per 5 gallons of mix.

What does the silo-wet do?

Silowet is a silicant used after cleaning a house to protect the siding or other material from mold/mildew regrowth. It also give aluminum and vinyl siding a new look sheen after application. When applied to brick it will give the brick a rich dark look.

Herb Hewlett

Herb's Pressure Washing

Always pre-wet the windows and then rinse thoroughly. This may also give you an opportunity to sell a window cleaning as you have to tell the customer that there will be some streaking and spotting from the wash.

Herb Hewlett

Herb's Pressure Washing