Sign in to follow this  
John T

Swabby Practice pictures

Question

Today me and my guys Powerwashed this house and everything around it such as a few slate patio's in the backyard along with a bunch of statues etc etc etc. This is one of my favorite residential customers that we service every year.

I don't know if you can tell in the pictures but his driveway is pretty big. There are some parts of this driveway that are not in the pictures. This is where I did a few "drive by's" with the Swabby to get the feel of it. It Cleans very fast once you get the hang of it. I did almost crack it up a few times and almost tipped it off the trailer right at the start. 20 minutes later I was a pro with it and it was fun.

These pictures there was no reclaiming used and just about all of this job was done with my other equipment.

21 answers to this question

That thing looks cool does it do yards also. LOL

But looks like lawn mower with pressure washer add to but man that make easy & fast work long drives what is the spec on it how many gallens are you able to hold how long does it last before filling up.

Hey Chris I wasn't reclaiming with the swabby so it was running off the garden hose into a tank and Powerwashing @8gm's

Here are some more pictures.

That looks great is the pressure washer is biult into the machine right man that looks like lawn mower that I see doing yard here in fl may I ask how much did that put you behind does that machine get you alot work for the cost.

That looks great is the pressure washer is biult into the machine right man that looks like lawn mower that I see doing yard here in fl may I ask how much did that put you behind does that machine get you alot work for the cost.

That machine came with a Franchise opportunity. It was not cheap. The cost was in excess of a $100,000 but if I get the jobs I'm looking for including and on going maitenance account that would pay in excess of $500,000/yr then I would say it was a homerun. AS for now I'm just get the feel of it.

John what would it take to have come here so we can partner up on the large resort that have miles concret side wakes pools we could clean alot of resort I bet with that thing. When you come bring me some pizza man do I miss NY.

John what would it take to have come here so we can partner up on the large resort that have miles concret side wakes pools we could clean alot of resort I bet with that thing. When you come bring me some pizza man do I miss NY.

You can make decent money with the swabby. Friday where starting a 300,000 sq foot flatwork for a new outlet mall. It looks like there going to pay me and my two guys between $3500-$4000/day for 5 consective days of 12 hr cleanings with NO reclaiming but we will be using the swabby. So there is good money to be made with that machine. If FLA is willing to pay decent money then where there and I'll bring more then Pizza there..I'll bring some good Vino to go with that Pizza and no I wont drive the swabby "Half in the bag":)

Where is the cup holder for your beer?

Beth

I new I got shorted somehow on this deal. I'll have to wear my beer hat with the tubes coming out of it to compensate the no cup holder on the swabby:)

I would not see why not we have few no name them parks and resorts that have large pool deck that you would need swabby I wish could aford nice machine like swabby. I know resort that has to large pool decks but the person has to be open mind about diferent lifestyles I been trying to get in there to do work but they shot gun shy mean they were once burned PW before.

5k an hour be an easy pace for that thing John? I'd think ya could push on a 8k an hour schedule and do that job in 3 day.

I have an idea on paper for something big but a tad different in that the pressure source stays on yer rig and it uses a secondary power source. Kinda leary about sharing it as someone is bound to patent it which of curse ends in the masses loosing out but here goes anyway...It's a push or pull plow format surfacer that attaches to front or back of Atv. Design is very simple and utilizes twin spinners mounted within a rectangular shaped boxed plow/castor system. Spinner shroud/plow box has preset heights and tounge swivels and goes up and down similar to pulling a wagon which allows for use on most any atv. Off top of tounge is 360 carwash boom to allow for hose manuevering. Recovery could be as simple as mounting tank and vac system on top of spinner shroud. Am unsure though if the standard powersource/charge systems on most atv's can hande a decent lamb type vac motor or how to go with such. I guestimate DIY prototype without recovery cost just around $1k to build.

Question for ya John..has it become apparent that a boom system is best used in a zig zag going away or right angle pattern to where the second person feeds out or pulls in line as needed?

I'm just curious to know if the hose is a problem to deal with. Seems like even on a regular walk behind the high pressure hose is what I get sick of dealing with. It's always in the way.

I'm just curious to know if the hose is a problem to deal with. Seems like even on a regular walk behind the high pressure hose is what I get sick of dealing with. It's always in the way.

Learn the zig zag pattern and the hose will follow you almost anywhere.

I don't have a problem with the hose following me. My problem is that it's always in the way on the way back! I've tried zigging and zagging and up and down and side to side. darn hose always seems to be a pain. Just like it will always find something in the yard to get caught on that you never even knew existed. How does the hose find all these things? LOL... I was just wondering what the affects were when using a riding cleaner and if there were many problems with the hose.

The driveway was not sealed and we had to do alot of rinsing afterwords. As for the hose on the swabby for the money you can make on this machine I have an extra guy work the hoses while the Swabby is in use. Its money well worth spending to have this guy do this. Oviously when the swabby is not being used the hose guy will now use the Powerwasher to finish up the job.

do you know how much square feet you can do in an hour on a large commercial job?

have you done any big reclaim jobs what the rig yet? I am wondering how many feet you can do before having to empty out wastewater and filters.

What an impressive unit. Congratulations!