Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Delco price list hurting the industry,

Question

I titled that specifically to get you guys to take a look. Now help us fix the problem.

I think the price list in way to low, used by many new guys that actually follow it. So let’s help ourselves by updating our part.

If you forward the info to Robert he has promised me he would update the site and have it reflect new numbers.

You may post the numbers here if you like.

Keep in mind I posted this because I felt this current list does no one any good. Its way to low.

The link to list http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

Roberts E-mail delco@dcs1.com

Thanks

Edited by Ron Musgraves

20 answers to this question

Yea there is plenty in there that is off base these days mainly on the low side of the ranges listed. There is often times attempts made at suitable language but then it falls short due to all the variables being impossable to account for.

i.e.-

Drive Ways and Side Walks:

5 cents to 15 cents per SqFt., 6 to 8 cents average

Double or triple the above prices for a one time cleaning.

I'de say never 5 cent for a drive unless it is of real good size and clean enough for just a breeze through type spraying. Has to meet a minimum is my outlook. A 500' drive for $75 works out to $.15 and but can hardly talk myself into toucing them for even a hundred as bad as they usually are with grease.

Trash Dumpsters:

$75.00 to $250.00

Then this one seems about right on the low end but the high doesn't have anything saying how large or dirty nasty it cover

Paint Stripping:

Stripper will cover:

a) 100 square feet per gal. brushing

b) 200 square feet per gal. spraying.

Use a Tampico Brush for brushing, use an airless paint sprayer with stainless steel pickup parts and Teflon packing for spraying.

Pricing range:

50 cents to $2.00 per square foot.

I don't know anybody willing to strip paint for less than $3 per foot..and there is way too many variables to claim it as the max.

Parking Lots, Garage Floors:

2 cents/Sq. Ft. to 20 cents/Sq. Ft. Average for 10,000/Sq. Ft and larger--4 to 5 cents/Sq. Ft.

I'd word it different, change the figures, and add some frequency or level of cleaning type language:

5 cents/Sq. Ft. to 25 cents/Sq. Ft. depending on expected gross buildup, level of clean, layout or access, and monthly, quarterly, or yearly service. (An office lot can have rather low buildup compared to a retail convenience lot.)

Decks, cleaning and sealing or staining (differences between cheaper sealer and high end stain!):

$1 to $1.50 per SqFt. clean

& seal, $1.25-$2.50 per SqFt. clean & stain for the average home.

Add $50.00 for stairways (or $10.00 per step) and 2nd story. (nope.. too much nitpicking, price per foot only)

The Sq Footage is in the floor only, most contractors do not figure the railing separately. (UNTRUE! the low price ranges above apply only to measuring everything.. priced by floor only method add like $.50 or more to the base range)

Second Method: $1.50 per SqFt. for first story, $1.75 for second story. Clean only: $0.85 per SqFt. Seal only: $0.85 per SqFt.

Over 400 SqFt discount 20%, over 1,000 SqFt discount 30%, over 2,000 SqFt discount 40%. (no!)

Lattice: $0.75 to $0.90 cents per square foot. (too subjective to measuring tecniques)

Handrails: $2.50 to $3.30 per linear foot ...

Undersides: $1.40 per sq. ft. ( 2x- 2.5x the main floor measure) Be sure to include all the square footage, including joists and supports.

Sealers will generally cover 100 to 250 SqFt per gallon. Older surfaces may require two applications.

1. Deck Restoration (Stripping and Sealing)
    $1.50 to $3.00 per sq. ft. (Depending on job size, and type of seal or stain to be stripped.. i.e- paraffinic oil, curing oil, or synthetic acrylic/silicone based or oil products fortified with such additives. (thin 'in the wood semi's' or thick 'on the wood' solids are two very different animals to strip and each can require totally different final prep procedures before staining..anything from simple acid neutralizing to full on sanding ).

We all could probably go on and on and it likely to get very subjective to location, region, cleaning methods, business model, etc. etc. Might be futile to try and satisfy all. Probably one persons price shock is anothers easy day. Good luck in this. :)

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Robert was asking for input at the PWNA convention held this past weekend so the more feedback he gets the better it will be.

Hello Mike,

It was nice meeting and talking with you last weekend. As far as we're concerned, the truck washing pricing is too low on the low end ($3-$5), and possibly too low ($2-$5) on the high end depending on circumstances.

As you are also aware, all of the expenses associated with truck washing have gone up, some considerably. Just my .02...

For many winter is a good time to really think about this and participate. I know many are wrapping up projects that are weather dependent. Please folks, take time to help by responding to Robert when you have time. If you are raising your prices next year, let your responses reflect it so the pricing he has is accurate. We can all work together to make this an easier task.

Beth :cup:

I tried to tell same thing long time ago on GS. Looks like most prices in western states are much lower than in eastern states ...but delco price list /even updated one :)) / is even much much lower.

Once again ... what is the point of selling pw equipment if they are showing you with this price list that you can't make any real money in this business ...

It just make no sense

I will send Robert some prices from eastern states in a few weeks

I titled that specifically to get you guys to take a look. Now help us fix the problem.

I think the price list in way to low, used by many new guys that actually follow it. So let’s help ourselves by updating our part.

If you forward the info to Robert he has promised me he would update the site and have it reflect new numbers.

You may post the numbers here if you like.

Keep in mind I posted this because I felt this current list does no one any good. Its way to low.

The link to list Mobile Power Wash Pricing Survey

Roberts E-mail delco@dcs1.com

Thanks

Edited by MichiganPowerWashing.com

We are lucky to get those prices on fleet, in fact, we are much lower in price. Believe me, those prices would produce a zero percent new customer base. You've got to work cheaper in todays market.

Wow,

you're washing/cleaning a city tractor for less than $5, sleeper tractors for less than $8, and garbage trucks for less than $6?!?!?! Why bother at all? Let them clean them themselves. It costs me $10 to get my Denali washed at the fully automated drive-thru car wash, and I'm driving it there wasting my time! And people expect you haul water and chems, pay for labor, equipment, insurance, etc.,and still charge less than half of that to wash a greasy, road grime filled tractor while their driver is shopping at Walmart with his family? No thanks!

The average price sounds a little higher than what I charge. But I am poor no matter how much I wash.

Edited by JMSC
I bought some heaven hill and started rambling.

The average price sounds a little higher than what I charge. But I am poor no matter how much I wash.

OK, I'm following you now. I agree, the average is a little low, but the low is way too low. Pricing depends on the area, time spent, customers expectations, etc. Basically everything that everyone else has already said.:lgbonk: