Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Whats your carbon footprint?

Question

10 answers to this question

You forgot to put in mileage for your vehicles. They did not even list my superduty on the list of vehicles. I did put in the biggest vehicle they had listed, and then a total of all mileage for all my vehicles. 52.55 tons. IT said I was much larger than average.

Now, if I did not believe that there was a political agenda, I would have been concerned.

Interesting tool. I guess the purpose is to try and shame people into lowering down to average levels.

I spent 2 summers planting trees which it doesn't take into account. That should remove a lot of carbon.

Dang, you smoked me Scott...I was 13.75 I was hoping to be at least double the average. I try my best.

What a silly concept. When a little volcano (Mount St. Helen's) burps, it puts off more CO2 than all cars since they were invented shows me that our "carbon footprint" is absolutely asinine. I'm all for being good stewards of the earth, but hugging trees or worshiping the creation rather than the Creator (Rom 1:25) is all this is about.

If you noticed, there was a link at the bottom of that site that you could buy carbon offsets, too. Not that anyone would have a profit motive.

By the way, I wonder how Al Gores 15000 square foot house is doing, and if he is still buying carbon offsets for it, and the private jet he flies around in? Hypocrasy at its' finest.

Ever gone camping? Nice being one with nature right? Back to earth one with nature...

Did you light a fire? If you used 4 dry logs of hard wood that burned to embers during that fire you released more Co2 dry ash and carbon sillicates into the atmosphere than a 30,000 Kw coal fired generator is allowed to release into the atmosphere in the US in 5 hours...... SHAME ON YOU

I'm just curious if there is an actual marketing angle here. I bid some provincial (State level) jobs this past spring and they stated that the bids would be weighted 10% on environmental factors. Wondering if all else being equal if this would tip the balance favourably? I expect environmental concerns to be a factor (minor now but maybe growing) in most or all government contracts.

For me its about $225.00 to offset my one truck.

BBB runs me about $340.00 for the year.

I think I will look into this. If it closes even one job it's paid for.

Could be a way for the industry to look better and balance off all the harsh chemicals we use. Potassium Hydroxide,Sodium Hydroxide,Sodium Hypochlorite etc,etc.