Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Screened in porches

Question

I usually turn down jobs w/ screened in porches because I've never taken the time to learn how to do them, but this year I've had a bunch of these estimates. Do you remove the screens or tape and plastic it up. Even if you tape it wouldn't the pressure blow out the screen or blow the tape off?

4 answers to this question

I have never had a problem with screened-in porches. The keys are the right chems and low-pressure; (I usually use just a few hundred psi.) and always start the flow with the wand pointed away from the screens.

I usually use a 10.0 or 12.0 tip.

John is write, Screens are no problem as long as you use low pressure. I use a tip with a 95% fan 95/10 and, as John stated, just make sure you point the wand away when first pressing the trigger. Also, It is a good idea before washing screens that you carfully check their state of condition. Somtimes when I screen is exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of the day the vinyl coating becomes dry and powdery and will come off very easily even with low pressure or even when you run your finger over it.