Sign in to follow this  
Jack Kramer

Extend-A-Wand - Buyer Beware

Extend-A-Wand - Buyer Beware

Has anyone ever tried to deal with Extend-A-Wand on a warranty issue?

Last year I bought both the 18’ and 24’ extend-a-wand. I use them all the time to wash houses and also on some second story decks. The 18’ Extend-A-Wand has not locking in place properly since the day I bought it. It is the center extension that will not stay locked in place, it collapses when the pressure is on and the wand is lifted to wash a house.

The dealer who sold the wand to me has replaced the locking pins and has contacted Extend-A-Wand several times to get this resolved. They have said they will send some replacements parts (inner tube) but it has been one year and the problem has not been resolved.

Has anyone else encountered the same problems I am having?

This is not how I run my business and is certainly not acceptable from a manufacturer of power washing equipment.

You need to contact the dealer you bought it from, the manufacturer does not deal directly with customers.

I know from personal experience.

I've also had problems in the past with my 24' Extenda wand where the pin lock popped and the shaft came sliding down where it would hurt my hands. This would happen every now and then but the wand when working worked great...

Until today!! I was using the wand fully extended for about 5 minutes when suddenly the top shaft pin popped out causing the top shaft to slide down with such force that the second shaft also popped out and came flying down to...

The end result was the top shaft flew right thru the handle and popped out of the bottom of it breaking the plastic piece. Also the pin lock mechanism for the top shaft broke as did the second pin lock mechanism. SO now the wand is completely USELESS!! My hands were hurting also from this but that was the least of my problems. I had to break out my 28' ladder. I was pissed.

Can I order new parts for this Extenda wand?? I am losing confidence pretty fast in this Wand!!

John,

That goodness you are alright! I just spoke to Stephen Howland. I'll be sending all of the customer info to him, and regardless of if any of you in the thread bought from us or another party, if you have a concern we'll help to work with Extend-A-Wand to get it resolved. Steve has promised to get these issues addressed asap. He'll be in touch. Also I have been told the wands are shipping now within 48 hours, with a one week delivery. The belt has been backordered, but is due in within a few days, and any backorders have been promised to be shipped overnight from Canada direct.

Please keep me in the loop on these issues so I can help you all get them resolved so you can work safely and productively. We're here for you!

Beth :groovy:

Beth,

Good to hear he is keeping you up to date with things, I was beginning to wonder what was happening with Extend-A-Wand company.

I am sure all of use will be glad when things get shipped out.

Keep up the good work.

Stephen Howland from Extend-A-Wand called me today and apologized for the problems I have been having. He explained that they stand behind their product 100% and he would send out a replacement wand.

Stephen informed me that a replacement wand was sent out last year but was lost in shipping.

This renewed my faith in Extend-A-Wand.

Stephen Howland from Extend-A-Wand called me today and apologized for the problems I have been having. He explained that they stand behind their product 100% and he would send out a replacement wand.

Stephen informed me that a replacement wand was sent out last year but was lost in shipping.

This renewed my faith in Extend-A-Wand.

Just imagine, some guy in egypt gets a big box that arrives at the door. Opens up the box and wonders..... What the heck is this thing?

LOL

Henry

I talked to Stephen From Extenda wand this morning and he is sending me the new parts free of charge. The only thing I'm paying for is the overnite shipping.

I appreciate his quick action in handling this for me and also for Beth in giving him the heads up about my problem.

Just imagine, some guy in egypt gets a big box that arrives at the door. Opens up the box and wonders..... What the heck is this thing?

LOL

Henry

Sure would make it easier to wash the sphynx. You wouldn't need it for the pyramids since they have built-in stairs.

Henry, Do they have enough pressure there to use that pole?

Wonder if they figured out how to extend it yet!

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Donna Howland. The owner of Extend-A-Wand. Extend-A-Wand has been under my sole ownership since January 2005.

Under our previous owner the company experienced many growing pains. Thus causing frustration and doubt for our dealers and contractors. Today we are a different company. Our product is top notch. Our customer service is at 100%. If you are not happy we are not happy!! We have loyal Dealers who have stood behind us thru our growing pains. To them we offer a big thank you. To our contractors who have stood with us challenging others regarding the quality of our product - thank you. It is my goal to reestablish ourselves in the pressure washer industry.

For those that have made the connection between the name Howland I will also add that I am the mother of Stephen Howland. It was one of my greatest challenges to take over a company I new nothing about. Stephen has gone onto another field of work that is more suitable for his personality and he is happy. I hold no grudges against him for how things went in this business and ask that you all would do the same.

I wish you well in business.

Sincerely,

Donna Howland

info@extendawand.com

866-783-9390

I purchased a Extendawand back in 2004,when I first went into business and I tell you,from the lack of customers service when my wand broke,all the times calling and not getting any response from Steve. It took about 6 months to even get a call back from him. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER give Extendawand one red cent again. They lost my biz back in 2004. Customer service if very important and you only get one chance to make a great impression. Take my advice get a M-5 or X-Jet.