Sign in to follow this  
Rob R.

Tax Time, have a few Q's

Hello, This was my first year with the new business and trying to determine whether or not to tackle my taxes on my own with Turbo Tax home and business or pay more money and hire an accountant to do my taxes.. I'm just looking for advice to figure what would be best, it would be nice to be able to save some money and use Turbo tax but I also want everything done 100% right and accountants know all the in's and out's of course.. I work FT, Go to school FT and run the business throughout the warm weather season so I'm sure it just complicates things even more..

Thanks

-rob

I vote accountant. With a new start up, they should know more about any possible one time deductions, and will probably save you more cash than they cost you. Not paying an accoutant is a false economy, in my opinion.

Now true story, My wife, who is by no means ignorant or stupid, used to do our taxes every year. The first year that we hired an accountant, she saved us $5000 in taxes, and then on top of that, she went back and saved us an additional $3000.