35 members have voted

1. 1. Select your strongest area in your business operations

• Technical task and project execution
    • Accounting and office management
    • Marketing and Sales generation
    • Bidding and Closing the job
    • Employee recruitment and Management
    • Other - Please post in thread

I voted bidding and closing on jobs, although technical and project execution would be a close 2nd. Maybe a bit odd, as marketing is one of my weakest skills.

But you are improving! You took bold new steps last year!

Beth

Someone missed the Boat?

Customer Service for us. Nothing can beat CS. You may be the very best at what you do, but if you don't communicate or handle the customer request correctly, you will fail? We bend over backwards for our customers. Right now 80% of all our business is from our past customers. We are bustin our butts! LOL Thank you.

Delivering the right message always helps! LOL

post-2261-137772245641_thumb.jpg

Someone missed the Boat?

Customer Service for us. Nothing can beat CS. You may be the very best at what you do, but if you don't communicate or handle the customer request correctly, you will fail? We bend over backwards for our customers. Right now 80% of all our business is from our past customers. We are bustin our butts! LOL Thank you.

Delivering the right message always helps! LOL

This will sound cocky but all of them, we make sure that a balance is kept so we don't over or under do one area over another.

CS Terry is very important, we often redo jobs when employees mess up. I guess the real trick to CS is not to have problems.

Many here think my company is a sales machine, it is but we work just as hard keeping the business.

From Sales, production, office organization, employee concerns & a list of a hundred others things.

I can tell you one on that list thats likely a very important one is taking care of your employees and concerns. Employee moral and expectations for the future are what make my employees work with us and not for us.

I have and keep employees, I have my first guy retiring after 25 years. Sept Marks the 25 years he has been with my company. Three of his other family members have worked for me for a collective 52 years. I will miss him, Mike was never a supervisor. He never wanted to do anything but wash. Now he has decided to open a mobile taco stand with a cousin that actually bought the shop behind mine. LOL he wont be far away for sure...

Employees are what truly make your company, finding and keeping good people and treating them fair is what will make life easier.

I have three managers, they has a vested interest in my company. I have always adopted this early on. I grew up with my parents businesses and watch the people they help in there lives. I wanted to do the same, i enjoy watching and thinking about the familys my company takes care of. As a team we all watch out for each other.

I voted technical expertise and execution. I am very good at customer service, and bidding the jobs, but I think my expertise, and willingness to ask questions when I don't know the answers, or the answers don't make sense, set me apart from most.

All are necessary to be successful. But few things that stick out is the

1. Education of the customer, to get the sale, What makes you the best choice...without talking trash about your competitors.

2. To keep the sale next year, Accomplishment to the customer..... what you promised or implied.

3. Make sure that quality control is among the highest on the priority list.

4. Know your competition. Know what equipment they are using and the positives and the limitations of that equipment ( If any)

5. What makes you the better Value.... Price, Convenience, Service, Quality of work, etc.

When possible, I personally inspect all work completed BEFORE I submit the invoice. We also have a walk through with our customers as we complete each floor. If for ANY reason the customer dose not like what he/she sees, or is concerned that it is not clean enough, we offer to do the entire floor again at no charge. That is up to 175,000 sq ft per floor. Each floor of the garage is under this policy.

In 21 years of Parking Garage Cleaning, we have never been asked to " Redo " any floor by the customer.....Not ever!

I voted technical expertise and execution. I am very good at customer service, and bidding the jobs, but I think my expertise, and willingness to ask questions when I don't know the answers, or the answers don't make sense, set me apart from most.

That will help keep and get more work

Thats what keeps Hacks OUT

1. Education of the customer, to get the sale, What makes you the best choice...without talking trash about your competitors.

Thanks Ron !

Edited by Jim Gamble

I put other......I would say "Confidence" is my strongest area in our business. Confidence helps you achieve better results in the other areas listed.

It of course is not to be confused with Arrogance.