Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

I'm going to go quietly

Question

I received an infraction, last week for a post that was 3 months old, I'll leave it at that. I appreciate the opportunity that was asked of me to be a moderator on TGS. Unfortunately, I am resigning as a moderator and would like to thank the TGS staff for all its support up until a week ago. I would also like to say that this has NOTHING to do with the other moderators that have left, this decision was made when I received the infraction. I reread the thread several times and for the life of me could not figure out where I deserved the infraction. Then like a bolt of lightning it hit me as to why I received it. I am positive it had nothing to do with a post that was THREE months old.icon12.gif

18 answers to this question

I think it shows poor leadership. You infarct your kids (me), not your managers in public. Pull your managers aside and speak to them in person and in private. But..........this is a private forum and you can run things how you see fit even it there is the most glaring bias Ive ever encountered on a BBS.

what am I missing here???

I've been on this site on a daily basis getting a great education ( being a new guy) and I have yet to read any type of flaming....maybe I just have thick skin ( or maybe thick skull )

Edited by Bilge Cleaner

I received an infraction, last week for a post that was 3 months old, I'll leave it at that. I appreciate the opportunity that was asked of me to be a moderator on TGS. Unfortunately, I am resigning as a moderator and would like to thank the TGS staff for all its support up until a week ago. I would also like to say that this has NOTHING to do with the other moderators that have left, this decision was made when I received the infraction. I reread the thread several times and for the life of me could not figure out where I deserved the infraction. Then like a bolt of lightning it hit me as to why I received it. I am positive it had nothing to do with a post that was THREE months old.icon12.gif

I said this in a PM, I'll say it again here in public, since you are resigning here and this is the first I am seeing of it.

I didn't notice the age of the thread when I infracted you, I was responding to a concern brought to my attention privately. I was in the midst of a couple of others I had to deal with and dealt with all of them at the same time. If I missed the date it makes me HUMAN Mel. If you don't like that I brought it to your attention, well ,I can't help that, I needed to address it. I just want to make one thing clear - I'm NOT perfect, never claimed to be and perhaps now people will believe me when I say, I don't read every thread. Use the report post button and save us all alot of headache.

I wish you nothing but the best. We truly appreciate all you have done here on TGS, and hope to see you on here as a regular member.

Beth

I think it shows poor leadership. You infarct your kids (me), not your managers in public. Pull your managers aside and speak to them in person and in private. But..........this is a private forum and you can run things how you see fit even it there is the most glaring bias Ive ever encountered on a BBS.

Roger - I respectfully disagree.

EQUAL justice must be dealt out by a board owner.

Moderators MUST be held to the HIGHEST standards ?

If "children" are publicly chastised, Managers/Moderators must also be too.

I do not wish to "fan the flames" here.

But Beth had PLENTY of reasons to do what she did :)

Matter of FACT, she didn't even SEE what was really going down, until it was brought to her attention by OTHER posters :)

I think Beth does a pretty darn good job overall!

I will address this one personally.

Roger,

As someone who has not shown leadership themselves other than pettiness and blatant disregard for the membership and owners here, you have no room to talk with any credibility.

Those who lead by example and act within the rules set by the owners are the ones who get my attention, those like you get pointed out for the trouble makers they are in order to make sure there is no possibility of others falling for the ill will that you have become known for here.

There are other bbs's that tolerate your kind of behavior and with that kind of latitude given...Don't you have somewhere else you'd rather be right now?

Mel, sorry this guy had to detract from your resignation, but we need to hold everyone accountable otherwise respect is lost for the remaining moderators who are trying to keep TGS the most professional bbs possible and encourage new members to post instead of lurking because of a few who do not follow the rules.

We respect your decision and wish you well. Thank you for your efforts in the past and we hope you will continue to be a participating member here on TGS.

Rod!~

I said this in a PM, I'll say it again here in public, since you are resigning here and this is the first I am seeing of it.

I didn't notice the age of the thread when I infracted you, I was responding to a concern brought to my attention privately. I was in the midst of a couple of others I had to deal with and dealt with all of them at the same time. If I missed the date it makes me HUMAN Mel. If you don't like that I brought it to your attention, well ,I can't help that, I needed to address it. I just want to make one thing clear - I'm NOT perfect, never claimed to be and perhaps now people will believe me when I say, I don't read every thread. Use the report post button and save us all alot of headache.

I wish you nothing but the best. We truly appreciate all you have done here on TGS, and hope to see you on here as a regular member.

Beth

I guess what I am saying is, if you are going to run this board and DEAL out infractions, it should at least be current,not brought to your attention by someone SEARCHING through threads THREE months old. Its kinda like punishing your kids or dogs, for something they did THREE months ago.

The internet is just one flipping crazy place. I think Beth does a great job 98% of the time. I don't agree with infracting Mods thou, other than that Beth you do great job and offer a great BB to all and you are allowed to screw up too

Mel was always a great Mod, Scott too. I wish they wouldnt leave as mods but I undertsand how they feel. I'm a mod on a couple BB's its not always fun and games thats for sure

Crazy flipping internet. I really get sick of all the cr*p on the BB's sometimes, but over all thet are a good resource

A little off topic, but I believe the fighting and arguing is what started certain groups to start up and be part of separate forums. These forums seem to have just a few members posting and everyone seems to get along with an occasional tiff. Not a bad thing and there really does seem to be better information when it's not muddled with arguments every single day.

Beth and Rods site seems to be more of the haven that includes all the groups, so things are bound to go South once in a while. PTState seems to be another one, and also seems to be more "tolerant" of heated debates. Good or bad, is for you to decide. I personally want no part of it anymore.

I have recently been part of some of these stupid disputes with people who really have no impact on my life. I have come to realize this and have backed out of these arguments and let it stand. I'm on these sites for my benefit and to help answer questions when I can, not arguing with faceless people who I shall never meet anyhow.

Doesn't mean I won't express my opinion or my methods opposite someone else's, just means the back and forth,..petty crap is done on my end.

Jeff

Edited by 814jeffw

In all reality Mel, if you wanted to go quietly you wouldn't have posted it on a public forum that you were gonna "go quietly", Ha, Ha!!!. This back and forth stuff is exactly what you were after!!

Jeff

In all reality Mel, if you wanted to go quietly you wouldn't have posted it on a public forum that you were gonna "go quietly", Ha, Ha!!!. This back and forth stuff is exactly what you were after!!

Jeff

Exactly. Good thing I have a thick skin! ;)

Beth