Sign in to follow this  
Scott Paul

Armstrong Clark and TheSealerStore Contest!

Question

Here's the Rules!:

*Post a picture of your Armstrong Clark Wood or Deck Restoration Project. Must be a New Picture from 2009 that has never been posted.

*Contractors Only!

*You can only enter one picture.

*Deadline for entering contest is Sunday May 31st

*When done I will post a poll with all contestants pictures! The winner will be voted from your peers and you cannot vote for yourself!

*This contest is also on PT State. You can enter both contests to increase you chances of winning but you cannot win both.

What you will Win!:

*2 Pails of Armstrong Clark Wood Stain

*One Speed Mop Kit

*Wooster Bucket

*Wooster 6" Bravo Stainer

*TheSealerStore Golf Shirt, Hat, and Sweatshirt

*Free Web Hosting for a Current or New Website on our server for 1 year (I will install Joomla or Wordpress for Free)

This is worth over $500!

Please post your pictures below in this thread with your name as well.

Scott

Edited by Scott Paul

71 answers to this question

I buy your Sequoia you've had for a year (and an orange bucket) and I can't use the only deck I've done this year? I have 3 boring decks to do (one with Sikkens solid) and miss out on the two-tone deck I did a few weeks ago because I posted it here? Can I enter it at PTState?

I buy your Sequoia you've had for a year (and an orange bucket) and I can't use the only deck I've done this year? I have 3 boring decks to do (one with Sikkens solid) and miss out on the two-tone deck I did a few weeks ago because I posted it here? Can I enter it at PTState?
Tony, the reason we would like new pictures is so that people just didn't pull out some older pictures they have without making an effort.

The deck you did a couple of weeks ago is a great picture but so is alot of other contractors pictures that were done last year or prior.

I apologize if the timing was bad for you but it would not be fair to make an exception. If I allowed yours then I would need to allow every past picture. I do hope you understand as I do appreciate your business!

By the way I said a new picture not a new deck :)

Edited by Scott Paul

I am going to change the deadline to May 17th. That is one month. I believe this will give people more time to pick the correct deck/picture to post. Alot of contractors are dealing with weather related issues as well.

My Candidate for the contest. Finished with AC Cedar Toner. This was supposed to be the cedar semi but upon application the customer decided they wanted to see more of the grain and stuff. This house was a blast job with cob and crushed glass as it had permachink lifeline on it. Some areas were "layers" thick while others were next to nothing.

Just finished it up yesterday! :D

post-111-137772243852_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greg Rentschler

Greg,

Wow, that is one terrific job. Perfect before and after project pictures. The stain is too yellow-orange in color for my taste but what an improvement.

Greg,

Wow, that is one terrific job. Perfect before and after project pictures. The stain is too yellow-orange in color for my taste but what an improvement.

Thanks Rick - I wanted to put the cedar semi on it but they (she actually) wanted it as light as we could get it after it was blasted out so we opted for the toner. The toner actually had a TON of red in it while it was wet but lost nearly all of that red undertone as it dried.

Have another log home we should have finished up by the end of next. If so (and if its okay to do so) I'll swap it out with one of the entries on PT or here. This ones a blast job of Cabot Solid Latex peeling like mad. Finishing it with Cedar Semi thus far.

Unfortunately I have one more small deck then its back to painting for a month or so until I can get caught up.

It won't be anything good enough for here but I will post it in another thread when I do it. It will be a 50/50 mix of Sequoia/Natural.

Tony,

Real nice work, I like that color. Thought it was cedar at first until your 3rd pdf file with closeup pictures. Terrific restoration, you brought old, beat up PT back to life.

Scott is the contest still gonna end on the 31st? I wish it could wait till a week after that. I think I have the winner, over 5,000sq.ft of white cedar siding at one job site(a vineyard).

I would like to get so more options. I still believe we are behind a couple of weeks with the weather. Does anyone else want or need me to extend?
Or another option is to end next week and then have one more contest for the rest of the year?