Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Customers getting all antsy about particular times

Question

I am starting to have customers all antsy about particular times of day of when I show up. I am going to start telling folks that I can tell them within the week and that's it. How do you guys approach this? They act as if I got all the time in the day and can schedule a wash to within the hour - this is starting to be ridiculous!

7 answers to this question

I work commercial, i dont normally tell people exact times.

How ever if we need to accomindate certain ones we just do it.

Interesting, didnt realize this was a big problem in residential.

I know i waiting most of the day for the cable guy the other day. They wouldnt give me an exact time. Sometime in the afternoon was all they would tell me. He showed up around 7pm

I do 99% residential and most customers want to know when to expect me. I offer am or pm and an approximate time. If a customer has a need for a specific time, I always schedule them for the am and just make them my first stop.

Man do I ever know what your talking about!!!!!!

Thats what I try to do is accomidate them the best you can, but try to get by with just a am or pm time frame.

What I run into is I do alot of commercial accounts and I never know when they will call and need all my trucks on a one or two day notice.

You know how it is when you got some good commercial accounts that give you work year round, you pretty much got to jump when they snap their finger, but sometimes you residential customers suffer from that.

I try to make sure that they know that up front that they will be fit in asap most people understand.

I tell people we will be out the week of ______. On Sunday afternoon I call everyone to say.. "we'll be out sometime this week. Have everything off the deck." If they want exact times they cannot get until the night before. We are running 15 large projects a week right now. There is no way I can give anybody a definitive TOA.

I tell people we will be out the week of ______. On Sunday afternoon I call everyone to say.. "we'll be out sometime this week. Have everything off the deck." If they want exact times they cannot get until the night before. We are running 15 large projects a week right now. There is no way I can give anybody a definitive TOA.

+1!

Beth

Mr / Mrs Customer

It's hard for us to say exactly when we'll be here/there. Sometimes, things don't go as well as expected. "And" I'd sure hate my guys/girls to cut a job short, "JUST" to get to the next job.

That job that's taking a little longer than expected might just be yours. "AND", We'd like to make sure we do the best we can, "EVEN" "IF" it makes us a little later for the next customer.

Occasionally, we have accomodated in special instances, but as a rule, we'd prefer to give a time frame.

Would you prefer if we scheduled you in the beggining or end of the week/ (or ) AM or PM.

Edited by Richard