Sign in to follow this  
James

Rain in New England

Question

8 answers to this question

We've been in decent shape this year (lot of threats but no follow thru).

It would be tough to have another year like last.

Having a variety of work type also helps offset things.

When using ready seal on new cedar it can not rain that night !!!!!Even with my let sit for 6 months to a year program.

Paul-- I wash everything , do some windows still , seal stone and my maint. program for wood saved my buthole last year and this. However I have 7 decks ready to go sealed 4 today. Rain tommorow night, tues, wed and thur. 2 weeks behind on decks with people getting upset because they got screwed last year because of the rain. Must work tommorow...

It hasn't rained here in probably a month...well, 3 1/2 weeks. Horrible!!! We NEED the rain...if it doesn't start raining, everything dries out, mold stops growing, and no one wants their house washed next year!

New England, I'm with Jim, stained 1 deck in the last 13 days, I have 14 decks ready to finish and rain is forecast for the next 3 days. And now I am getting the calls when are you going do start my deck? My answer is I can start it right away. The question these days is when am I going to be able to finish your deck? Beautiful weekend though!

What about those Red Sox! Joe

Same rain problems here in the Detroit region. I was able to seal 6 decks and a fence on Saturday...finally! I have a lot of decks lined up but didn't want to strip them until I got caught up with the bare decks first.

I also wash houses, flatwork, etc. Problem is, with allthe rain, my phone hasn' been ringing too much for house washes. People are NOT out in their yards, noticing the filth and whatnot because it has been RAINING!!!!!! I'm thinking of getting into the other side of the woodcare business...Arc Building!

Last year here in Maryland we had 5 MONTHS of April!!! The temps were often low and the days were filled with rain. In 30 days we had 1 day of sun! This year is a little better....so far... send the rain west where they suffer from drought.

Beth