Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Hoses in the truck

Question

I got tired of keeping my wet hoses inside my enclosed trailer so I made a way of mounting two reels on the inside of the truck.

post-2213-137772250501_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772250557_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Actually I put them on towards the end of last season. My neighbor had put them in the trash so they were well used. I haven't had any trouble since last year and this season has been very busy so far. They are being used 2 or 3 times each day. Each hold 100 feet of HP hose. They keep my new trailer very dry. That was a problem with my last trailer. When I would roll up the hoses I would always get a good amount of water and dirt on the floor of the trailer.

just wondering, what size trailer are you running? And is there anyway to solve the water in the trailer problem aside from placing the reels elsewhere? And arent you afraid of them getting stolen?

just wondering, what size trailer are you running? And is there anyway to solve the water in the trailer problem aside from placing the reels elsewhere? And arent you afraid of them getting stolen?

I guess if I put more time into it I could solve the water in the trailer problem but this way does keep the trailer much cleaner. Besides, that area behind the truck's wheel wells doesn't get used for much.

I'm not really worried about them being stolen, most of the public wouldn't have a need for these types of hoses. Also I live in a decent area so I'm not too worried about things being stolen. Althoe they did get my Jet Skis a few years ago.

Line X your tailer floor and 12"s up. No way of getting away from water.

I hope I don't sound stupid but what's Line X?

Spray on bedliner.

Btw, have you tried using shut off valves for the ends of your hoses?

I use them and it avoids the problem.

Also...use a rag while reeling the hoses, it gets the brunt of the dirt off as you roll em on.

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod

Ken.

Which one Brand did you go with??

I've had Zylene and teluline spill. We did a test with MEK (methol ethel keytone) used for disolveing line paint. Nothing. Not even a blemish to the finish. I've got a spot where water has crept in behind at a high traffic (side door) area. Up against the moulding.

Overall. One of the smarter investments I've made.

Richard, I went with the Herculiner. It feels hard as nails. I was also concerned about solvent spills as the product is solvent based and it mentions on the can that repairs can be made at any time. If it can bond to itself then that means the Acetone (Zylene or whatever) chemically changes the surface. All said and done it cost me $110, 2 hours to prep and clean and an afternoon to apply product.

You can see there is already crap on it after a week. I've tried scraping an area with a flat head screw driver and the stuff won't budge.

post-581-137772251076_thumb.jpg

I did a self applied "Rino Liner" to a pick up 6 or 7 years ago. It had to be redone again the next year.

That being said, hopefully you have better success & it holds the test of time. I'll try to ask again in a year or so. Sure does make it look better.