Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

AC Semi Solids

Question

19 answers to this question

amen to that!

Beth, How well does it cover flaws and old stain spots like in cracks.

Customer wants the lightest color possible and the sample chips Scott sent me dont do that mountain cedar justice. It looks real nice.

Looks great Tony. What did you use on the handrails? I am currently using Deckscapes ultra white on the front of this house and will be doing the steps in Sequoia. Even on this house any other color on the wood would not look good as I feel that it would not match the house. That's why we chose to go with the white on the handrails. Rear deck will be all Sequoia.

post-5133-137772253139_thumb.jpg

post-5133-137772253198_thumb.jpg

Beth, that MC actually looks pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the samples I made and couldn't find any other combination that the MC worked well with but I might have to take another look at it. I see lots of grain there without the barn red feel. Looks good!

Pat, That deck was one I did a few months back. I like the fact that the AC semi-solids still show a lot of grain but I offer a Sequoia/Natural blend instead of the semi-solid for Sequoia if they want the red. I prefer not using a semi-solid if I don't have to. I use the SW Deckscapes for solid stain.

Thanks Tony that is exactly what I am using.

Beth it may be a while before this is finished. We are brushing it all as this belongs to my son inlaw and is a freebie. Besides I don't feel like spraying with all that concrete and block. It is taking a couple of coats to get it the way I like the looks. Told him paying customers take precedence over family. LOL I am still debating on if I should make the stair stringers white also or do it all in Sequoia. I am leaning towards the white and just doing the treads in AC but would like any suggestions.

I have some samples of all colors so I need to get to work on the sample chains and then play with the mixes to come up with more.

I have some samples of all colors so I need to get to work on the sample chains and then play with the mixes to come up with more.

Pat, I also made a sample piece with the Deckscapes as well and it makes it easy to get a idea of what the two-tone will look like with the different colors.

Thanks for the idea. Maybe I will make up some shrunken decks for home shows etc.

Ok we finally got 1/2 of the front porch done and I have attached the close up of the AC Semi-Solid Sequoia from the back deck.

post-5133-137772253279_thumb.jpg

post-5133-137772253284_thumb.jpg

No pictures yet - but I stained all the railings yesterday on my latest pressure treated deck restoration with the Mountain Cedar Semisolid stain.

I will say this, I will never ever use another stain again - this stuff is the real deal. And I will never recommend semi-transparent again for ptp restorations - this semisolid is where it's at! I literally had a Shane Brasseaux moment yesterday - that isn't to say I haven't been extremely proud of my work in the past - but this stain is a thing of beauty!

Yea I agree about the chips. On the AC web site the Sequoia looks brown not red.

I got some 4 oz samples of all colors and will be making a sample chain. Maybe mixing some colors to get other choices.

Anyone feel free to use the close up pic I posted for a better sample. PM me your email and I can send a file without the lettering or just crop out the cleaning doctor.

Edited by TNRoofCleaner
Adding Text

Has your buddy in Arizona stripped anything yet?

Charlie,

I don't know, have not spoken with him in a while. I will ask the next time we talk on the phone.