Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

Windsor WoodCare crew - 2009

Question

Although this wood season has been difficult due to wet weather, I have the best crew ever.

Chris, the young man in the middle of the picture, is in his 3rd season with us. He will be a senior this fall at the University of Michigan.

Mike, the young man on the right, is in his first season with Windsor WoodCare. Wish I had found him last year! Mike will be a senior this year at Duke.

Both are intelligent, great with customers, dependable, and hard working. I am really fortunate to have such terrific college kids this summer.

20 answers to this question

You know the REAL reason they work is to have those Heineken's you keep around...that and your charming humor! HAH! I'm sure they are great guys, and they have a boss who is not too shabby either. I'll bet they have learned well!:)

Beth

:cup: it's a holiday..might have to spike my cup!:cup:

Beth,

Hah! I do keep a fully stocked fridge in the garage, next to the stain inventory. Frat boys do enjoy a cold one after a day of work in the hot sun!

Chris is so good I can have him run virtually any job. My women customers can't keep their eyes off of him! Mike's still learning but does a lot on his own.

Both are just wonderful young men. I am very fortunate to have both of them with me this summer.

I can spot one a mile away...the one on the left is trouble, get rid of him!

...oh wait...That's you, uh sorry, didn't recognize you without your Heineken. :rolleyes: :cheers:

Rod!~

Rod,

You sound exactly like my wife!

That's a good looking shot, Rick. Get that baby up on the website.

Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion, just changed the code and added the image to my web server. Put the photo on the "Contact" page, it is a lot better than the old one with just me standing by the truck.

Go to: Windsor WoodCare - Contact us

Hope there are no bad consequences, with women customers expecting one of the two young stud muffins to show up for the estimate!

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet, she must be a nice person to put up with your shenanigans though. (Rod left to get his broom!) ...

Rod,

Very astute speculation. Among relatives, neighbors, and friends my wife is affectionately known as "Saint" Judy.

Charlie,

Chris earned a 20% base hourly wage increase in the 2nd season. I could put him on most jobs without supervision.

This year, his 3rd, is another 10%. Due to being only "part time", ie: started late and will end early due to being overseas his junior year and an early start at Michigan.

My college "kids" also get a bonus. This can be from $500 to $2K.

They from yer loin.. they yer kids?

Kevin,

I could not impregnate a foot loose rabbit. Thank god.

My college kids are my "kiddles". I teach 'em stuff, like how to get to work on time, how to pick up girls, how to sell yourself, how to find happiness and learn to love life instead of fighting it. How to know yourself. How to look at their mother before you propose marriage.

These are very valuable lessons. I try and be a good teacher. I am not in business to make money. I am in business to help those worthy of a impact on the future.

My customers benefit. My kiddles get a great education. I gain enormously. I love my kids.