Sign in to follow this  
RPetry

You CAN fall in love at 56

Question

Diamond Jim Foley has ruined my life. Introduced me to a sweet young thing this morning and we are "head over heels" about each other.

Here I am, 56, very happily married for 21 years, and comfortable with life. One look at this little miss and that was forgotten.

A bit on the hefty side, weighing in at 150 lbs., but what a wild cat. Turns on like a switch, and is a bit uncontrollable at first. The unbelievable moves she makes! First tried to just hang on with my arms, but that was not enough! This gal is strong! Back and forth she goes and can get out of hand, to the point I have to "kill the switch" (if ya' know what I mean!).

After a while, got her rhythm and timing down. Took some practice, and with strong thigh pressure, along with some lower leg strength, we became one. Oh, the ecstasy!

Meet Miss Defurno. What am I going to tell my sweet and lovely wife?

post-170-137772260792_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Wow she's a beauty;) I can see that baby working good on Ipe and Mahogany decks and Maybe Pressure treated wood but what about Cedar or Redwood which are much softer wood???

Wow she's a beauty;) I can see that baby working good on Ipe and Mahogany decks and Maybe Pressure treated wood but what about Cedar or Redwood which are much softer wood???

Works great on redwood & cedar! There are different pads from coarse to fine. I also have brushes from coarse ro fine. The brushes work like Osborne brushes.

post-1457-137772260804_thumb.jpg

Works great on redwood & cedar! There are different pads from coarse to fine. I also have brushes from coarse ro fine. The brushes work like Osborne brushes.

Here is an example of the coarse brush. The first pic is a section of redwood that I strripped off a solid stain with HD 80. Most redwood fuzzes up real bad with a long dwell hd 80 strip, even with a 500 psi wash. The 2nd pic is after the 17" maintainer with the coarse brush. ( lower one in the previous post)

Rick, now you know why I love all my equipment & modified gadgets.

post-1457-137772260837_thumb.jpg

post-1457-13777226087_thumb.jpg

Edited by acegot
added text

... Rick, now you know why I love all my equipment & modified gadgets.

Lyle,

Yeah, Jim has various brushes, pads, the works for Miss Defurno. She is actually designed to polish granite and marble, that is why she weighs so much.

To be honest, for that little step up, I'd use my RO with 60 grit to sand. Miss Defurno is friggin' heavy!

Nice work on the redwood, wish we had more back here in NJ. Terrific wood.

... Rick has a NEW wood minx! :lol:

Beth

Nah, both you and Barbara will always be special, my prime wood minxes. Especially Barbara, she'll be down in Orlando! Now..., if I can only figure out how to get Tom out of the Marriott for a few hours. Hah!