Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite

Question

15 answers to this question

Absolutely not. This has been discussed dozens of times. The calcium will leave a white residue, and it is nearly impossible to achieve uniform strength. It will kill the algae, but sodium hypo is much more effective. I realize you are majoring in chemical engineering, but don't try to reinvent the wheel :D

I think for now I'm just going to use 4-5 gallons of clorox bleach with some simple cherry and downstream. I'm going to talk to a few of my professors for some local suppliers. I'm going to stay away from roofs and flat work because i don't have the equipment for those projects yet.

Got another job from my free listing on yellowbook.com, not too shabby!

how does univar work, do you call in then they make custom batches for you or what? It is nice to see that you can get everything at one place though. Do they deliver? or do you have to go there with a truck/trailer and get it.

Thanks,

how does univar work, do you call in then they make custom batches for you or what? It is nice to see that you can get everything at one place though. Do they deliver? or do you have to go there with a truck/trailer and get it.

Thanks,

I call them up and they ship it up from chattanooga. I pick it up from their local distribution center the next day. I think they deliver too but I always pick up.

yea, it's univarusa.com. sorry about that.

Thanks Mike,

However, univar's distributer is closer so i will probably use them, beacause i am sure the pricing is similiar, and i dont feel like driving through st. paul and minneapolis. Just going to use regular clorox from wally world for now, until i get some jobs next summer. I mostly want to do deck restoration and house washing (75%-25%). I will have to wait to gains some funds to either build or buy a roof cleaning system to get into the roof cleaning market.