Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

new idea! bout gutters.

Question

Charging for gutters. One straight price, one hit, on gutters, with house wash mix.

2 options!

(some gutters need a second hit with chems. Some need a scrub.)

I take that gamble in my hands. or

up my price a percentage.

bid in xtra work.

bid in what i expect to see.

always tell the customer to expect less!

102 answers to this question

I have no idea what you are talking about with psi approved. I use Gutter Zap or Viper Venom(Landa). I spray it undiluted on the gutter, then scrub. All it has to do is touch the gutter. You don't have to soak it. If you don't know what it will do to siding go spray some on a customers house then get back to me. It boogles my mind that you want help, help is given, then you argue about it. I guess it boogles my mind than others and myself keep trying to help. I quit as of now. Good luck with you endeavors and mastery of the English language.

I'm not here to make enemies or **** anyone else off.

I know the active ingredient in gutter zap.

Psi approved??? Maybe I dont write that good???

Approved for chlorine, pump ups....and pump ups that have a psi rating.... those are usually $170 and up. And they are pump up back packs. They spray, if i'm right, about 12 feet? NICE!

Neither of my pump ups have a psi rating. Neither of them shoot 12 feet either! LOL!!!

The next step is a shureflow system. No more pump ups.

How do you brush the gutters?

Friday tomorow, for free I'm brushing some gutters. 'Cause I havent done it yet. (Cant charge if I havent done it, and know what I'm doing)

Here I could use some advice back from you tonight. Or anyone that has brushed gutters. I bought a softer, medium? between med and soft bristled brush. It attaches to a 23 foot extension wand.

Think the softer brush would spread the chems more evenly. Like what I learned with alum bright with ladders.

The 3 story stuff in the back just gettin hit with xjet. The front is very reachable.

See how it goes tomorow.

Any help with brushin gutters from the ground or ladder, talkin 2-3 stories up would be great!

Even if you never brush gutters before but have an idea! Throw it out man.

The times I'm seeing, all the work involved.... Must be more than one doing the job.

Washing houses scrubbin the gutters and out in 1 hour....

Yes ma'am. I'm sorry. Michael. Go back and read my posts. They describe step by step how I scrub gutters. It works for me and is effecient. I work by myself most of the time because I am on the phone a lot and dealing with customers. My guys work in 2 man crews.

Every single jug has a PSI rating. There isn't a company making pump sprayers that doesn't put a MAXIMUM PSI rating on the box or in any literature that may come with the sprayer. Also,...Any pump sprayer that is pumped to max. psi and having the nozzle adjusted in the right position will shoot further than 12 feet.

If you can, put up a picture of the pump sprayer you are using. Almost sounds like you're talking about bottles with a squeeze trigger.

Jeff

Hey William,...yea I know you knew about PSI rating,...I was talking to Michael in asking about the pump sprayer he uses.

I'm not sure he's talking about a typical pump sprayer, that is why I asked him to post a picture of what he's using.

Jeff

Yes ma'am. I'm sorry. Michael. Go back and read my posts. They describe step by step how I scrub gutters. It works for me and is effecient. I work by myself most of the time because I am on the phone a lot and dealing with customers. My guys work in 2 man crews.

They do not describe step by step.

Also checked you website out. you are a crew of 3. So your guys are a crew of one 2 man crew and you. If I read that right?

Edited by gutterdog

Every single jug has a PSI rating. There isn't a company making pump sprayers that doesn't put a MAXIMUM PSI rating on the box or in any literature that may come with the sprayer. Also,...Any pump sprayer that is pumped to max. psi and having the nozzle adjusted in the right position will shoot further than 12 feet.

If you can, put up a picture of the pump sprayer you are using. Almost sounds like you're talking about bottles with a squeeze trigger.

Jeff

If psi was on every box I wouldve taken that into consideration purchasing a pump up.

So I think you are mistaken on that.

We use 1/2 gallon pump sprayers from home depot. Spray the gutter, brush onece, rinse, done. 1/2 gallon will do 2 houses. You can't get the spray on the house.

Did something different than how you scrub gutters. I didnt use the pump up once for the gutters. But I did brush them.

Figured that out all by my self. Imagine that?

Edited by gutterdog

First you say I didn't give you step by step, then you posted my quote of step by step. If you have a different way, great. Ask Celeste what happened to one of my guys last year that leaned a ladder against a gutter. He was with me three years and I fired him. Buy yourself a ladder stand off and a surface cleaner. The house you posted should average 45 minutes for one guy, 20 minutes for 2 guys. Glad that your ladder looks clean though. Nice uniform and rope on your ladder. Beth, I apologize in advance and I promise I won't get sucked into this vortex again.

First you say I didn't give you step by step, then you posted my quote of step by step. If you have a different way, great. Ask Celeste what happened to one of my guys last year that leaned a ladder against a gutter. He was with me three years and I fired him. Buy yourself a ladder stand off and a surface cleaner. The house you posted should average 45 minutes for one guy, 20 minutes for 2 guys. Glad that your ladder looks clean though. Nice uniform and rope on your ladder. Beth, I apologize in advance and I promise I won't get sucked into this vortex again.

I have a stand off for my other 24 and one for the 40 foot that comes off and I lock up. Ropes get in the way. Too dangerous. With bending gutter with ladders you have to understand I been doing this over 5 years now.

Its how you set the ladder and other things.

There is no way you couldve washed the house and brushed the gutters in 20 min. Thats 5 min a side? 4 story pitches on side? Vegitation that had to be hit with water before during and after, all 4 sides? A ladder had to be set for chimney and what couldnt be reached from the ground. I hit all 4 sides of the chimney.

If you used stronger chems than me more time has to be taken with the lil flowers and bushes and stuff?

I could be crappy like you and others and say something like "you must run a landscaping biz on the side" .

Bet I'm bigger than that.

Do you even rinse the house?

take care of the plants?

how do you really scrub the gutters?

you said settin the ladder and gettin 12 feet on each side?

well that 24. This house a lil longer than 24 feet wide. So that more than one set with the ladder.

also how do you scrub right up on you, off the ladder? where the ladder is? a 12 foot wand is difficult at best when your hands are holding a pump up sprayer and the 12 foot brush?

Guess you guys drink red bulls and fly up there and scrub the gutters with some magical stuff?

2 of your guys couldve done that house in 20 min???

Do you even own a 40 foot ladder?

Do you mix chems on site? or do they magically mix themselves while you are washin a side and float over to you?

I appologize Beth. Maybe there is some secret I havent figured out yet.

If this is possable I wanna know too!!!

-Mike