Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

new idea! bout gutters.

Question

Charging for gutters. One straight price, one hit, on gutters, with house wash mix.

2 options!

(some gutters need a second hit with chems. Some need a scrub.)

I take that gamble in my hands. or

up my price a percentage.

bid in xtra work.

bid in what i expect to see.

always tell the customer to expect less!

102 answers to this question

Think I'll watch some TV and forget 'bout this in here.

Beth I really like the grime scene.

I know where everything is and how to do it except for pics! lol!

The other forums are different. I'm used to this one?

Hope I didnt break any more rules in here. With the pics and all.

I'm gonna try to watch some TV!

Good night Beth and Rod.

Hope I havent done anything realy bad tonight. - Mike

Micheal you did a good job cleaning this house. Pic's don't lie. Looks good.

Thanks my friend!

I gotta watch some TV! lol!!! turning it on after this.

I didnt do it in an hour... I didnt do it in 20 min... 4 hours. 4 hours what it took.

Why is there all this imaginary stuff going on in here?

There is something I dont know yet? Some secret... or something else? LOL!!!:)

Big Dawg, your production rates will go up as you get used to the new techniques. Also keep in mind that half the production rates you read about are BS. Do a good thorough job, charge enough to make profit and who cares what Joe Armchair pressure washing contractor is doing?

Big Dawg, your production rates will go up as you get used to the new techniques. Also keep in mind that half the production rates you read about are BS. Do a good thorough job, charge enough to make profit and who cares what Joe Armchair pressure washing contractor is doing?

Got the TV set on. just missed a movie I wished I had seen! Came back to say something?

Everything you say, well taken, like another!

70 show on now! Think Ive seen every one!

Forgot what I came back to say. LOL! Had it down til I read yours!

I dont want war or anything negative. I have to avoid the "L" word right now.

Gnight!

Across the back of the house I see 3 ladder movements for scrubbing the gutters and one movement in the front. The guy on the ladder does not have a 12 foot wand with him, just a pump up and brush. First guy would take 2 or 3 minutes to soap the back and one side while the second guy hooks up water hoses and pulls the second pressure hose to the back. First guy is already brushing gutters while the second guy starts rinsing. We do this all day long and do a lot of houses. Today was 13 housewashes and clean out gutters on 24 condo buildings. Everyone was done buy 4pm and I took my family to the county fair. This is one of the buildings from the gutter cleanouts. Two guys averaged 15 minutes a building.

Parcel Photos - 0144292

Not sure what you are referring to on my web site. It does not list my employees or my crews. I do own a 40 foot ladder that gets used 3 or 4 times a year to get on apartments to clean gutters. I mix 275 gallons of SH and soap every Monday to last through the week. I see nothing on the house you posted that could not be sprayed from the ground. I hope I have questions. Take Ken's advice and charge enough to make a profit, don't wash for free. If you are legitimate and want advice call me, just not in the middle of the night on a Sunday again.

Across the back of the house I see 3 ladder movements for scrubbing the gutters and one movement in the front. The guy on the ladder does not have a 12 foot wand with him, just a pump up and brush. First guy would take 2 or 3 minutes to soap the back and one side while the second guy hooks up water hoses and pulls the second pressure hose to the back. First guy is already brushing gutters while the second guy starts rinsing. We do this all day long and do a lot of houses. Today was 13 housewashes and clean out gutters on 24 condo buildings. Everyone was done buy 4pm and I took my family to the county fair. This is one of the buildings from the gutter cleanouts. Two guys averaged 15 minutes a building.

Parcel Photos - 0144292

Not sure what you are referring to on my web site. It does not list my employees or my crews. I do own a 40 foot ladder that gets used 3 or 4 times a year to get on apartments to clean gutters. I mix 275 gallons of SH and soap every Monday to last through the week. I see nothing on the house you posted that could not be sprayed from the ground. I hope I have questions. Take Ken's advice and charge enough to make a profit, don't wash for free. If you are legitimate and want advice call me, just not in the middle of the night on a Sunday again.

When its too much info my brain quits. Its been doing very good so far.

When I'm late dumpi the 5 gal bucket. Usually when I get home. Its already turned into salt or whatever the stuff is?

Thats after a day?

I dont understand?

If psi was on every box I wouldve taken that into consideration purchasing a pump up.

So I think you are mistaken on that.

With lawsuits as prevalent as they are these days, it would be VERY foolish for any company to not put a PSI rating on the jug they're putting out on the market for just any knucklehead to over inflate. Are you even sure what PSI refers to?

Did you really read the box to see what information it provides?

Jeff

Michael, I use a surfactant called barlox, or it's equivilant. I pour one gallon into a 55 gallon drum of bleach. I have 5 drums delivered every Monday. Thus, 275 gallons of soap are mixed every Monday. That soap is then downstreamed at the ratio of 1 part soap to two parts water. I don't add any other detergents. Anything else that you would add is either powder that has to be mixed in small amounts or something that breaks down the bleach. I have 2 8 gpm machines flowing on every house, so my times are going to be faster than yours. You can speed up your process, if you choose to, by listening to others. I envy you and others. When I started up there was no one to share ideas with or give put tips and advice.

alot was done for free.

Post number #75 is most likely the reason.

You need a better chem supplier.

Along with better application techniques.

That area WILL come clean. You only removed surface debris, not what is embedded.

.......but since this post is about "new gutter cleaning" techniques and not house washing I will leave it at that.

5 dollars says this turns into another 10 pager. Any takers?

I need to find a hobby.

I restore antique radios from the 30s and 40s. Lots of fun. Really, it something to do in the winter,

Post number #75 is most likely the reason.

You need a better chem supplier.

Along with better application techniques.

That area WILL come clean. You only removed surface debris, not what is embedded.

.......but since this post is about "new gutter cleaning" techniques and not house washing I will leave it at that.

5 dollars says this turns into another 10 pager. Any takers?

Hey Adrian!

Went to your website and seen your youtube video, Nice!

I double clicked it and clicked on related vids. There was one of mine!

Thought that was kinda cool.

- Mike

I restore antique radios from the 30s and 40s. Lots of fun. Really, it something to do in the winter,

I work like 1 day a week, durring the winter. When gutters are thawed enough for cleaning.

To stay busy I have delivered telephone books too. NOT much money, but its a lil something.

Michael, I use a surfactant called barlox, or it's equivilant. I pour one gallon into a 55 gallon drum of bleach. I have 5 drums delivered every Monday. Thus, 275 gallons of soap are mixed every Monday. That soap is then downstreamed at the ratio of 1 part soap to two parts water. I don't add any other detergents. Anything else that you would add is either powder that has to be mixed in small amounts or something that breaks down the bleach. I have 2 8 gpm machines flowing on every house, so my times are going to be faster than yours. You can speed up your process, if you choose to, by listening to others. I envy you and others. When I started up there was no one to share ideas with or give put tips and advice.

hey will,

where are you getting the barlox and what is the equivalent you are talking about? it's good stuff but expensive unless i am buying it from the wrong place. are you getting local? i i know x-terior does sell it.

thanks,

rando

Amonx Lo is what Diego at MVP in Raleigh carries. It is about 90 bucks per 5 gallons. He has a new product I tried last week that is more concentrated. 25 bucks a gallon but a third of a gallon mixes to 55 gallons of bleach.

This an e-mail I got back today!

I want to do the dlx house wash with chimney wash, gutter & downspouts cleaned, vinyl siding shine, sidewalk and pool deck wash, deck wash with Thompson clear coat. I settle on 10-14-09 and would like to schedule this work for anytime after the 20th if possible. Let me know. Thanks!

me too william. i especially love the way the water beads up on the grey wood 3 months after cleaning. the homeowner then knows he spent his money wisely and will recommend you to all his friends.

rando

I think so, the wife on the other hand isn't too happy about an antique radio in every room of the house. I'll post some pictures soon.

The customer was given many options, MANY. I let him pick and choose. He chose Thompsons over ready seal.

He was given a menu. And that is what he wanted.

What if you were in a restaurant, and you chose what you wanted or could afford. The waiter insisted that, you choose the more expensive dish or he wasnt going to serve you at all?

Sory but I'm getting the work, instead of NOT getting it.