Sign in to follow this  
Oxfordlawn

Wanting to add pressure washing to our services

Question

I have been doing a lot of research and although somewhat confused by all the options..Im somewhat keeping up.:D

I work in central Florida and majority of houses we will be cleaning are one story vinyll sided with white vinyl facia covering and white gutters. I have a 2600 PSI cold water unit with a downstream adjustable chemical injector.

I think my first question, which I understand is a question of personal opinion, is on house wash. I have seen a lot of posts regarding ESpec products. To get this show on the road, what do y'all feel would be the best house wash product to get on the way. Powerhouse looks like the one, but I would prefer some experienced opinions. The biggest problem on the siding I see is the mold/mildew buildup, and the stains on the gutters....but the houses are only a few years old and nothing horrific.

thanks for helping a newbie get started...I hope not to ask to many stupid questions that many of you feel elementary.:cheers:

17 answers to this question

Find a supplier of 12% sodium hypochlorite.. otherwise known as liquid pool shock. You should be able to get it cheap down there. The e-spec product I used on houses was called emulsifier plus. Its bleach (sodium hypochlorite) friendly.

theres a large pool supply outlet real close...so the 12% SH should be an easy one

The emulsifier plus i saw on the Espec page...again no problem there...

Do yo have any suggestions for a mix ratio that you found worked?

Safe to use on colored vinyl siding as long as rinsed before drying..right??

same mixture used on the gutters and white vinyl facia covering

and I will clean the gutters and scrub with a brush as needed...just got done reading a different thread.

For your market Ken is right you will more than likely need some bleach to use with your detergent.

I agree because whenever I mow a yard where the house was just washed...I can smell the bleach. I just recently mowed the property of a white house and gawd it smelled like they used straight bleach.

How will the 12% SH be on plants and grass??

I agree because whenever I mow a yard where the house was just washed...I can smell the bleach. I just recently mowed the property of a white house and gawd it smelled like they used straight bleach.

How will the 12% SH be on plants and grass??

You need to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, pre wet all the vegetation, then after you apply your SH rinse down all the vegetation, as long as you keep the plants, grass, and shrubbery wet, you wont have a problem, Dont do it, and a hot day will kill it all FAST.

This is what I ordered to start off with...

Emulsifier Plus Power Pack #EMUP5

Power Pack-Makes 8-10 gallons of concentrate

Could someone suggest a good mix ratio of soap/12% SH/water that would give me a good place to start with for washing light mold/mildew stained vinyl siding and lightly stained gutters.

I have the time today and tomorrow to do all this research...then its back out there to work, so again, thanks for the suggestions

OX, 12% from a pool store is going to be difficult to non existent you will likely find 10% which will work, but with storage times and shelf life I can almost guarantee you that it will not be 10% when you get it, You will most likely have to use more in a 5er

try to find a chemical supplier or talk to s local pressure wash company and ask who they use.

Good luck

OX, 12% from a pool store is going to be difficult to non existent you will likely find 10% which will work, but with storage times and shelf life I can almost guarantee you that it will not be 10% when you get it, You will most likely have to use more in a 5er

try to find a chemical supplier or talk to s local pressure wash company and ask who they use.

Good luck

OK I have a couple contacts that I can call about local chem. supply for the 12%. I thought they were throwing me a hint with the comment of "also known as pool shock". Thanks for setting me straight. I thought that was too easy, the place was literally 1/2 mile away at most LOL

Edited by Oxfordlawn

OK I have a couple contacts that I can call about local chem. supply for the 12%. I thought they were throwing me a hint with the comment of "also known as pool shock". Thanks for setting me straight. I thought that was too easy, the place was literally 1/2 mile away at most LOL

Good Luck man, Trust me it took me a few months before Adrian on these boards showed me the light on SH, I was using 10% for the longest time and paying 15.00 for 4 gallons, Now 145 and I get a 52 gallons of 12.5 (more like 15) delivered to my door. I use so much less chemical now and clean alot faster.

Good Luck man, Trust me it took me a few months before Adrian on these boards showed me the light on SH, I was using 10% for the longest time and paying 15.00 for 4 gallons, Now 145 and I get a 52 gallons of 12.5 (more like 15) delivered to my door. I use so much less chemical now and clean alot faster.

Not me man, I remember telling you to get it from "dollar General" at 6% strength for .99 a jug. That way it eliminates my competition and I will eventually own Sugarland Tx. lol. Kidding bro.

Life is easier with 12% for sure and I know you are kicking butt in your area John.

Right on.

sidenote John: Is Walter with ELFS your delivery driver? He is a great guy. I always make sure he gets an ice cold water and an Abe Lincoln for the great delivery service.

Edited by Adrian

Thanks everyone...I do appreciate the info.

i am a member of a couple other non-related forums and am very heavy poster and comfortable on those, and understand the newbie feeling now.

My plan here is, instead of being just a lawn maintenance business, I have been planning on being able to offer house cleaning as well...so I am actually trying to grow my company in another direction. The lawn side of company growth has been great and pretty much we are stable now, so I am ready to put some time/money/effort to rest of my plan of property maintenance--house washing. the only thing I will be offerfing is residential house washing, driveway/walk and gutter cleaning. I sent flyers to all our customers with this months billing a few days ago, and have several cleaning jobs lined up already.

I have been all over this forum reading and reading trying to learn, but I know I just need to get out there and go. I asked another local power washer if I could ride with him on a few house washing jobs..and he said sure. We both agree that with the rate of growth in this area...there's plenty of work to go around--I was very happy to hear that.

Well thats long enough for this post--just telling a little info on myself--THANKS AGAIN!!! TOM