Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

New Logo

Question

16 answers to this question

Hey guys,

This is the new logo i just made from gimp. Tell me what you think. I dont think it is finsihed yet, but i still think it's looking good.

It looks pretty good and I like the gradient blue. The one thing you may want to think about is how well it will silkscreen when you want to get shirts, hats and jackets made up...... gradients do not screen well.

Good Luck.

Matt

It looks good but to be perfectly honest it's boring. Every other pressure cleaning company has a logo that looks just like that, one of my major regrets in starting my company is the logo, I wish I would have spent more time/money and got something that was truly different. Think of the firefox logo, it shows everything the company is about and has no words at all. You can see the globe, then the fox fading into fire. Truly a brilliant design, I would search "innovative logos" or "awesome company logos" and base your own on some ideas you pick up.

I hope this didnt come off as pompous but your logo is going to be on everything so you might as well make it great from the start. Mine is far from perfect and now I am stuck with it on all my company materials and my truck haha

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. As long as it is simple enough that people can remember it, thats all that matters. It is just one of many versions i am probably going to make. Any input is good input at this point.

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. As long as it is simple enough that people can remember it, thats all that matters. It is just one of many versions i am probably going to make. Any input is good input at this point.

In marketing, KISS can make you spend a lot of money with no return. I agree about the original logo. It looks like it came from free software.

The more ink (silk screen) you put on a shirt, the hotter it is, as "it doesn't let your skin breath". Being uncomfortable in the heat is just not fun.

yea I'm using gimp, it took my entire weekend, maybe 30+ hours to learn the dumb thing. It works good for being a free software. I could make a much more complicated and detailed logo, but i don't think it would screen well for shirts, and when i get my truck painted, the guy would probably have a hard time with it. So, I'm going with a more clean, crisp, and simple look.

take a look at these

54 Kick Ass Creative Logos Hand-Picked from Logofaves |Dzine Blog

notice most of them are dead simple and could easily be screenprinted/ vinyl cut for truck graphics, yet none of them look alike. Another good free desktop publishing program is scribus, if you have used MS word or powerpoint or even publisher it should be super easy to use