Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Leaking water from vent

Question

Looking for some advice on how to handle a situation I ran into. I washed a home which I have done once before with no problem. However, during the washing the customer noticed water dripping from a downstairs AC vent. I have no idea as to how the water got into the house. The only thing I can think of is while I was washing the porch above the room with the leaking vent, water somehow got into an opening on the flooring or wall and ran along the ductwork to the vent. The carpet beneath the vent is soaked and there is a water mark around the edge of the vent. I did not do anything different than I normally do when washing this house. The customer was cool about it, but I am going to take care of any cleaning, painting, etc. My questions:

- do any of you get a waiver signed in case of an accident happening due to a structural defect? Could someone forward me a copy?

- should I really be liable for this incident since it may not have been due to anything I did? I am going to take care of it.

Any insight or advice.

Mark

Shoreline

- Window Cleaning, Pressure Washing, & Dryer Vent Cleaning

Freeport, Fl.

5 answers to this question

Please go to your "My Controls" and complete your signature. House rules.

We like to know who we are talking to.

Insurance?

Are the AC vents at floor level or ceiling?

Not sure how you could get water " inside " the vent itself.

Most AC units have an overflow condensation type pan, and the water could be from that being full if the drain is clogged.

Or did it for sure happen only when you were washing?

Most people here will not share forms unless they know who they are talking with, then you will get more info than you could imagine.

welcome to TGS.

I went into my controls and added my signature. In case you missed it, I added the same info. (name, company name, and city) under the first message. Do I need to add my social security number, height, and weight also?

Later-

Edited by cwarrior
Name added

I went into my controls and added my signature. In case you missed it, I added the same info. (name, company name, and city) under the first message. Do I need to add my social security number, height, and weight also?

Later-

You could add a link to your website for SEO results since the general public can view your company info as well as your "responses". Possibly leading to ( or diverting ) jobs from your area.

You can add your social security number if you want (again) ,the general public to view it, and possibly identity theft.

Height and weight are your choice to post as well. But it is not required to take part in the forums discussions, but signatures are.

Again, welcome to TGS.

You could add a link to your website for SEO results since the general public can view your company info as well as your "responses". Possibly leading to ( or diverting ) jobs from your area.

You can add your social security number if you want (again) ,the general public to view it, and possibly identity theft.

Height and weight are your choice to post as well. But it is not required to take part in the forums discussions, but signatures are.

Again, welcome to TGS.

Larry might appreciate the Height and Weight posted :D