Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Resi wash, but turned down flatwork.

Question

One of my recent resi washes declined the flatwork wash even after the free demo. Yet she is willing to leave it in it's current state. Why?

I think the demo turned out fine. Maybe I am wrong.

post-1033-137772282108_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

People are just wierd. That's what it is. I would have finished it for a 50 spot. But she was happy with what she got. Of course the flatwork is worth more as a single job.

I only charged 3 bills for the resi.

Should have been a 100.00 driveway wash alone. With the demo and the 50 spot, THAT'S A DEAL MAN.

Edited by Adrian

Adrian,

Maybe she has a HD washer and needs the exercise! People are funny. We were prepping a very large ipe' and teak furniture job today on a million + home. 3 new cars in the garage/drive, nice wheels, maybe 130K total.

The wife is out mowing the lawn in speedo shorts and a t-shirt in 50 degree weather. With a push 21" Toro mower! Emptying the cuttings bag every 10 minutes.

These customers appear to have more than enough for a lawn service, like 9 out of 10 in the neighborhood. I think its just for the exercise, this woman was really fit!

Well hopefully she will change her mind. I will be happy to go back and finish it for her. Of course at a min. setup fee. ( which is not 50.00).

Oh well.

Right on.

Adrian,

Maybe she has a HD washer and needs the exercise! People are funny. We were prepping a very large ipe' and teak furniture job today on a million + home. 3 new cars in the garage/drive, nice wheels, maybe 130K total.

The wife is out mowing the lawn in speedo shorts and a t-shirt in 50 degree weather. With a push 21" Toro mower! Emptying the cuttings bag every 10 minutes.

These customers appear to have more than enough for a lawn service, like 9 out of 10 in the neighborhood. I think its just for the exercise, this woman was really fit!

It's funny to me Rick. Some people flaunt it and some don't.

I have read the millionare next door. Most millionare's ( or alot)

don't flaunt it and drive modest cars and live in modest homes.

but it goes both ways I guess.

Demo was too big imo.

Should have left off with the walkway.

Rod!~

Rod,

everything's big in Texas. ( especially the massacres lol ... sorry )

I really thought she would go for it, but what can I tell ya man?

My housewash mix did a number on that area anyways.

So I was happy to get rid of the streaks.

I always do the walks and front entry with a resi wash.

Just seems to be the right thing to do ( for me anyways).

It is just odd to me that she is comfortable with that look.

I even lifted the oil spot from her car ( which there is just a hint of a shadow).

Happens to me all the time. People want the house done but not the concrete. A customer I did a house wash for a few months back called and wanted a quote on the driveway two days after I did the house. When I went back out there you could see where someone had tried to clean a small section with a wand. I assume they finished the job themselves because they didn't call me back to do it.

Adrian, that is so not a good customer. Can I ask what the premise was in the free demo? Like was she interested in the demo, or did you offer it to her with lukewarm reception from her? It seems to me if she was interested in the demo, and you gave her those unbelievable results, why wouldn't she have you finish? Some folks just don't care about things. I live in an area where the idea of washing a house is foreign - homes don't get washed - they get repainted, or have that maintenance free vinyl installed.

Dan, my house wash mix streaked the driveway and I didn't like the streaks. So I took a couple of extra minutes to get rid of the streaks and called it a demo.

She may still want it cleaned at a later date, but not for the price I offered her while I was there.

It's all good, and she was very happy nonetheless.

I just can't get around whatever mindset she was in.

I know if it was my house and a contractor did that for me, I would definately say, fininsh the rest. I love it.

But maybe it was funds or something like that.

I certainly understand the budget factor.