Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

Some of our year

Question

Hi All

I know haven't posted for ages sorry :goodgrief but the year has been manic over here.

Anyway though I would post some photos of some of the work we have done this year.

Ipe deck that needed stripping.

They are from left to right, before, stripper on deck, brightened, sanded and oiled.

post-1658-137772282483_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772282521_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772282541_thumb.jpg

post-1658-13777228286_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772282881_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roger Oakley

8 answers to this question

Roger,

Nice work, interesting that you have a bit of ipe' over the pond. These are terrific customers, they need constant servicing! Hard to read the can in the pic, what kind of stain are you using?

Really like the glass/steel balustrade in the second set of pics. Very attractive.

Rick,

There is loads of Ipe over here, great for yearly maintenance.

The oil used on these two is new it is Colourtrends water-based natural glow. It is very much like WTW.

Would liked have to tried WTW but sent emails to suppliers in the States to try and get some samples etc but never got a reply.

Here is an Iroko deck finished Cabot's ATO Mahogany Flame (old formula) plus Cedar cladding fence finished in OTO Natural.

post-1658-137772283031_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772283065_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772283085_thumb.jpg

Roger,

I use to really like the old Cabot's ATO on hardwoods. Unfortunately with the VOC changes here in the NE US, its nowhere near the product it once was.

There is a fairly new water based product here called Defy for Hardwoods. I tested it last year on my own ipe', and it far outlasted good oils. If I get the chance, I'm going to do my complete ipe' deck with it before using on customer's wood.