Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

My first low pressure wood job.

Question

Yea It's me Gutterdog. Back again in the grime scene. Low pressure wood washin.I do it now too. I'll offer 2 prices from now on... Ohh buyin a trailer tomorow. The low pressure method tok longer.

17 answers to this question

Howdy folks. This forum has been a wealth of information for someone starting out like myself. I thank you all for that.

Haven't seen much about fence restoration. Anyone have any input?

Yea It's me Gutterdog. Back again in the grime scene. Low pressure wood washin.I do it now too. I'll offer 2 prices from now on... Ohh buyin a trailer tomorow. The low pressure method tok longer.

I think its the right pressure on Any surface, of course some surfaces cant take more than 300 psi when others will take 3500psi

I see the damage everyday on concrete as well as wood.

Its about the brains of the individual tech thats behind the wand.

I dont do wood but it seems a swing would likely be a lower pressure wash.

Michael,

Good job for a first timer. Looks like the wood could use an acid (citric, oxalic, or combo thereof) application, that will brighten up the wood a lot. It will take you about 15 minutes and cost about $3 in chemicals.

No stain????? or just clean.

I couldnt tell, so i used a stripper. then oxlic acid mixed as per the side of bottle for just under 15 min. because of the mold on it I was advised to add some sodium hypochlorite to the mix. I just added a dash to the striper

Howdy folks. This forum has been a wealth of information for someone starting out like myself. I thank you all for that.

Haven't seen much about fence restoration. Anyone have any input?

Morehead city!!! Have I talked to you already??? I lived there 6 years!!! Wood is wood I think? I still cant believe I only used the white tip to clean the wood! I dwelled it longer, than suggested by one, because running back n mixing more for the pump up sprayers. The finger nail test was important too! I used it and it worked thanx!!!

Taking advice instead of calling everyone a liar is working. Nice nob on cleaning that wood. Congrats.

You have to admit I WAS NOT welcomed all that much from you guys. Why I dont know, lol!!! Anyway I'm here to stay. Thanks for the congrats! I dont use spell check either!!!

Michael,

Good job for a first timer. Looks like the wood could use an acid (citric, oxalic, or combo thereof) application, that will brighten up the wood a lot. It will take you about 15 minutes and cost about $3 in chemicals.

Hey Rick. I dwelled with oxalic acid for just under 15 min, them 2 or 3 more min. might have made a diff??? It was getting dark. these new hours gettin dark at 5 suck. Still have the deck and some teak furniture to do. The concrete pool is half way done at this time. I'm runnin round trying to get other smaller jobs done and the customer is getting a lil I dunno. He not as happy as he was. He likes the house wash, gutter scrub, the brick work, etc. The premium quality is there. I gave him a 25 dolllar gift card to applebees cause of that. Gonna get the deck done tomorow. and hope I can finish the concrete around pool too. 4 hours on deck and 2 hours left on pool. I think?

Hey Mike, how's it going? Nice job on your first wood cleaning, it looks good. The acid would have made it a little brighter but as long as the customer was happy...

I was thinking of you a few days ago while coming back from a job. The transmission started acting up on the truck! Turns out it was just low on oil due to a leak in the return line. Cheap fix thank God. I don't need anpther one of those 2500 dollar bills like I had on the last truck for a smoked transmission. Standard shifts are a lot cheaper but they are a real pain when plowing snow.

Hey Mike, how's it going? Nice job on your first wood cleaning, it looks good. The acid would have made it a little brighter but as long as the customer was happy...

I was thinking of you a few days ago while coming back from a job. The transmission started acting up on the truck! Turns out it was just low on oil due to a leak in the return line. Cheap fix thank God. I don't need anpther one of those 2500 dollar bills like I had on the last truck for a smoked transmission. Standard shifts are a lot cheaper but they are a real pain when plowing snow.

Hey thanks Rick. I mixed the oxalic acid as per the side of can. I dwelled it almost 15 min. I thought it shouldve been brighter too. It was my first one washed this way. I still have the deck to do also. running around like a chicken with my head cut off right now. Working till dark. Raining today.

So I'm going to get some more supplies in a lil bit. Can I dwell the oxalic acid longer than 20 min?