Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Decks designed around trees.

Question

8 answers to this question

Thx all.

I always wrap the tree trunks with shrink wrap instead of painters plastic.

Then just slit it up the middle with a razor when I'm done, and throw it in the trash.

8 hrs. total wk time on this one over 2 days. A little sanding was needed on the handrails and a few flower pot stains. But overall was a fun fun project. The customer swore I could not get it to it new state.

Plus I didn't get a drop of stain anywhere on any of the concrete surrounding the deck.

Lots of plastic and water. I really don't like scrubbing stain out of concrete.

I wish they were all like this one. In and out, cut and dried.

Where I live, the lifestyles are based around "greenbelts" and wooded areas ( or the illusion of). For example, This job was in the Woodlands. It's an entire city based around Living in the woods.

Where I live, "Kingwood" it is based the same way. Most business complexes are surrounded by woods and seperated by woods.

The down side is during hurricane season. ( which is almost officially over).

Adrian,

Great prep, the PT came out almost white. Like how you wrapped the tree trunk! Neat deck design with the tree in the middle.

A little too white.

My deckster was in a hurry to get home that day, and I might not have rinsed enough. But it still looks good.

It was a blast to do. Peace and quiet, just the noise of the pump and the critters in the woods. Nice "thinking time" job.