Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

2009 How do you like your Turkey Poll

How do you like your Thanksgiving Turkey cooked?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Thanksgiving Turkey cooked?

• Fry it! Don't knock it till you try it!
    • You kidding? We roast it!
    • Smoke it! Love that smokey flavor!
    • We don't eat turkey....pardon the bird!

Question

15 answers to this question

Hey having turkey period anyway cooked is good for me i love turkey and all the fixing that come with it.Man making me hungry now,lol:cheers:

Marko

Now my mother in law is trying this turkey fryer that doesnt use oil made by charbroil i think we will see how it tastes ill let yall know.I am still stuck on traditional but always will try.

Marko

Hey All, Cook the turkey upside down! I learned this by mistake. I had never carved a turkey and since the other maucho lads were knee deep in beer, I thought it was the least ,

I could do for the 20+ at the holiday gathering. Our hostest, who had never cooked a turkey before had cooked it upside down. When removed from the oven and presented to me, the carver, the knife slid off where the meat was meant to be. This required a Sierra Nevada Ale and some thought. Finally, a 7 year old with pigtails walked by and informed us all that the G*d D**n bird was cooked upside down. Sas not tolerated, she was severally repremanded and threatened with something, we flipped the turkey and I proceeded to carve. The snot nosed kid was right.

The white meat was far and away the juiciest I have ever had. Mind you, I am a dark meat lover, but cooking the bird upside down allows for the white meat to be baisted non stop and not be dry.

This was learned by a guy and is meant for guys to help in the kitchen come Thanksgiving Day. With any good luck you will be sent to the living room and watch football and drink beer.

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

Jake