Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

I love the Republicans

Question

Why? Because they are the greatest thing that's ever happened to the Democratic party. Why do I say this?

Well look at all these guys on the news and financial websites - they are constantly saying what the Dems and O'bama did is failing miserably, the stimulus package is a failure - that everything is in the dumper. Yet when you look at the facts the improvements in economic data keep coming slowly but surely.

And what has this translated to? The most stable non-volatile, slow but steady growth in the Dow that I have ever seen. We're getting that kind of growth that the Feds can only dream about, without having to raise overnight lending rates to keep the markets from growing out of control - and the negative side-effects about raising interest rates.

I strongly feel - had there not been this strong cognitive dissonance from the republican party always bashing the president - that the market would have grown much faster on some of the positive news we have been having since mid-summer. And had that happened - when he had negative news, the markets would have crashed. In effect the republican bashing has prevented the markets from going into a 'Double-Dip' recession, by reigning in the growth rate with all their negativity.

Thank you Republican Party for keeping the stock market growing at a much much slower speed than it would have without all your negativity on the air-waves. Because of you -the markets have much more breathing room and 'digestion' time as positive economic data slowly filters in over the next coming months. Without you guys, I feel we would have definitely gone into a 'double-dip' recession thus ruining O'bama's presidency and the future of our country and future health of our economy. thanks!!!

11 answers to this question

Imagine what could have happened if it was an economic plan that actually made sense!

I have never been able to spend my way out of financial despair, I don't see how the government can, either.

But then, this might be a new idea on marketing and managing your business. You are constantly complaining about profits, and low ballers. I say you take the business at whatever price you can get it at, then continue to provide the undoubtedly high service levels that you provide. Sooner or later, you will not have any more problems...

I feel we would have definitely gone into a 'double-dip' recession

Dan, you may want to hold off on your celebration just yet. The only reason the market is rebounding slightly, is the fact that its shopping season. When the final numbers come in in January, hold on to your hat. Also, what about the dollar losing over a third of it's value in one short year? I won't call the recession over until my dollar buys what it could in 2008. Our national debt is spiraling out of control, and the spending continues. This double dip your talking about is coming, but it won't be til next spring.

Dan, you may want to hold off on your celebration just yet. The only reason the market is rebounding slightly, is the fact that its shopping season. When the final numbers come in in January, hold on to your hat. Also, what about the dollar losing over a third of it's value in one short year? I won't call the recession over until my dollar buys what it could in 2008. Our national debt is spiraling out of control, and the spending continues. This double dip your talking about is coming, but it won't be til next spring.

blah, blah, blah - keep it coming Mike, this is the kind of nonsense talk I am talking about - this helps the market grow at a slow and steady pace. For your information, if anything the shopping #'s are off from last season - it's all the other data coming in. And the dollar is losing value compared to other currencies, and the fact the majority of junk that Americans purchase comes from China, and the fact that their currency value is locked onto ours unlike most other currencies - guarantees our dollar will buy the equivalent amount of goods as we were last year.

I take it someone did not take good notes in economy 101

If the dollar is loosing it's value ( yes over 30%) and the chinese currency is "locked into ours" as you say then it too is loosing value. Therefore it makes us that much more dependent on them for more since we can not go elsewhere in the world to buy things. ( junk)

Since they hold almost 38% of our national debt what will the US pay china with ?

It's like the credit card company

You ( or the USA) gets paid 100 dollars a month

China has given the US a credit card at 29% intrest and we have maxed it out owing $48,000 ( your annual salary of $1,200 for 40 years)

Rather than pay off the credit card we now make our own money to get 500 dollars but since the credit card compay (china) knows the $500 dollars we give them is only worth $100 they apply it to the intrest only and the debt never gets paid off.

Why do all Obama supporters wear rose colored glasses and drive with no rear view mirror?

The economy must be getting better because Obama said so. Anyone that questions Obama is a republican with an axe to grind. It amazes me how the cold hard facts can only be viewed in support of Obama and not for what they truely are.

I deal with several pretty large trucking companies, and I can tell you. Trucking is still off 60% at least. If trucks aren't on the road, people aren't buying or building. I see the trucking industry as a great indicator of the market, and it's NOT good.

Hoping for the best!