Sign in to follow this  
gww35

Power Washer Comparrison Chart

Is there a site that I can find side by side comparisons ans specs for the major commercial grade power washers? If not then I am making one to figure out which machine to get. Looking at Landa, Hydro Tech, Hot-n-mighty and Pressure Tek.

Is there a site that I can find side by side comparisons ans specs for the major commercial grade power washers? If not then I am making one to figure out which machine to get. Looking at Landa, Hydro Tech, Hot-n-mighty and Pressure Tek.

All the big names use the same engines and pumps for the most part. They just bolt them on their own skids and put their stickers on them. Stay away from Hondas, comets, AR, and generals. Decide what you want and buy the unit that is best for you. If you have a good pressurewash shop near you have them build you what you want or make your own. My Landa dealer sells way more custom units than Landa units. Kohlers and Udors and make you some money.

Yes I am leaning heavily towards Landa. We have a dealer near by. I was thinking skid mount but I am kinda leaning on a wheeled unit Landa PGDC5-35224E. I will run it from the van and pull it if necessary. Will probably be running out of my E-350 cargo van with a 325 gal water tank.

Please explain this.

13 horse honda is the best small engine made. After that they are junk. A 20hp Honda has the same displacement as a 16 hp Briggs or Kohler. That means it is screaming to make 20 hp with no reserve left. Check out the rings on a 2 year old honda. AR and comet need no explanation as all know they are garbage. Generals do not have bronze connecting rods, upacks, and are generally rebuilt every year to two years. I have Udors that run 50 hours a week that are 5 and 6 years old that have never been opened. Buy the best you can afford, whatever it is. For me, It is Kohlers and Udors. I don't have time for equipment failure.

The E350 is rated for 4100lb cargo. Don't plan on running with full tanks unless I am going somewhere where it is needed. I am pretty sold on the Landa's at this point.

Not to start an argument but I had a Landa along time ago back in the early 90's , while it is a well built machine you can do just as good in a machine for alot less.. I was real happy with my whitco unit,,and I am also fairly happy with my pressure pro unit.. They are all just names and name brands .. If you maintan them well they will last, and if you dont they will fail.. Simple... This is just from 20 years experience .. Change your oil, filters , check your belts, check bolt tightness, keep your rig clean and keep it tuned up and most of all now winterized and it will last.. And as far as General pumps ( example TS-1511 on my old whitco ) 7 yrs old .. rebuilt once and still going strong )

The two Lands dealers I have spoken to were not helpful at all. A dealer near by recommend a Karcher shark series. I am getting this installed in an E350 extended van. My other option was a Hot and Mighty. There may be others and I am happy to hear them, I plan on going KEC, and residential (house wash, roof wash, driveways) When I find my niche I will specialize & focus in that one area. I am ready to buy and want to get the right machine. Thanks

Sorry William, I am going to disagree with you on two things. The Hondas are a better engine than a Briggs by far. The Briggs break cams, and pistons on a routine basis. The Hondas have electrical gremlins with their charging system. I do like Kohlers better, but it is hard to find one on something other than an Espec machine. Since I can't look at one up close and personal, I am not going to buy one of them. You are welcome to, if that is the way you roll.

The General pumps are generally the back bone of the commercial pressure washing industry. I have never opened the back end of a general, but I have only been in business 20 years. I also freely admit, I am VERY abusive of my equipment. Others are meticulous about their maintenance, I try to be. Usually the equipment is working, and we just don't have time. We have just started a new program for equipment maintenance, but still, it is probably not near enough. The other advantage to general is that the packing kits are readily available. I don't know that they are as available for the UDOR's. Of course, this is just my opinion.

The E350 is rated for 4100lb cargo. Don't plan on running with full tanks unless I am going somewhere where it is needed. I am pretty sold on the Landa's at this point.

You will be absolutely fine with that van. If it sags, just put some helper springs on it and tune them to what you need. Those E350s are workhorses. I finally got rid of one of my delivery vans, a 1995 E350, at 465,000 miles and it was still running fine.

I've had tons of vans in my other business and was into truck campers (HEAVY) long before I put a PW skid on anything. (Try this on for size- 1999 F250 with a 4000 lb camper on the back pulling an 8000 lb trailer up to the top of Mount Charleston. Welcome to the world of truck camping)

We've got a 1996 F250 with a 325 lb tank (we keep full half the time) and a skid which includes over 1500 lbs of equipment including the aftermarket flatbed. Add to that another 500 lbs when the lift is pulled behind it. That's about 5000 lbs on a F250. We installed a pair of Helwig helper springs. It takes off slow, can maintain 75 up hills and stops quickly fully loaded. Oh, and by the way. The truck has 155,000 miles on it.

I know that's over Ford's ratings, but almost every truck camper in world is over most truck's ratings. For the most part ratings are just a joke on the truck camper boards. It's only the weekend trailer towers that get all worked up about weight ratings.

We don't have any jackbooted enforcement running around here ticketing everyone. (I love this town!) It's not uncommon to see an old Nissan pickup with its bumper almost dragging the ground with a 325 lb tank on the back along with a John Deere machine and a shop vac of course.