Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

My rockin' Mom

Question

My band performed for some soldiers in Ft. Hood ( Killeen ) at a sleeze pit dump of a hole, club.

Not that this is the first time that this has happened, but, a pretty good fight broke out among the crowd.

Keep in mind that these soldiers were beating the hell out of each other.

Usual stuff screaming, chest pushing, 2 on 1 kinda crap. They don't care as long as there is some action to vent on.

Well my 70 plus year old Mom was at this show, since it was close to my hometown. She actually got in between some cats to break them up and told them she came to see her son perform, and won't put up with this behavior.

Immediately I jumped off the ( so called ) stage and ran like flash to where she was, ready to crush kill and destroy anyone giving her a hard time or back talk.

By the time I threw my guitar on the ground ( it's ok to throw,.... it's a strat ) and ran to where she was, SHE had broken it up.

Expecting the worst ( at first ) upon arriving at the pile, she turned to me and said "get your butt back up there and play, I didn't drive all this way to break up fights".

wow.... Everyone really seemed to act right after that.

In her 70's and every bit of 110 lbs.

By the end of our set, she had made around 10 new 200 lb. friends that happened to be soldiers.

Mothers have a way of making you feel safe. hehe.

8 answers to this question

I have to say, this is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on this forum, well, besides mine...;)

Glad to be in the rankings with you Scott.