Sign in to follow this  
map_911

Chemical Injector problem

My chemical injector is not working properly, I haven't used it in some time because of X-jetting so I took it apart and cleaned it and the ball was stuck and figured that was the problem. When I started up I just used supply hose presure to see if the soap was flowing and it worked perfect. Started up the washer and nothing, I took the injector hose off and pushed down on the ball with a pick and the gun on and water shot out the barb. There was no suction from the barb at all, I'm sure its something meaningless and it's probably in the archives here somewhere but can anyone give me a clue. :o

Thanks for the help

When I bought this 3 years ago I used it a few times until I got the X-jet, so it hasn't been move since until I took it off and cleaned it. I just read up on an old post and I am using another gun that I purchased this fall and believe this could be the problem according to what was pointed out from others. It works with out the pressure washer on and I even took off the chem tip as it is running to see if it made a difference. Also pulled the hose off the outlet (washer off) and nothing.

appreciate any proposals

Couple of things-

Check the direction. It's easy to put one on backwards. Don't ask me how I know.

Hose length matters. The longer the hose the less the draw.

What GPM is your gun? I use a 13 GPM Suttner.

Bob at Pressure Tek modifies a ball-less injector that lasts a lot longer than a standard Hi Draw.

Couple of things-

Check the direction. It's easy to put one on backwards. Don't ask me how I know.

Hose length matters. The longer the hose the less the draw.

What GPM is your gun? I use a 13 GPM Suttner.

Bob at Pressure Tek modifies a ball-less injector that lasts a lot longer than a standard Hi Draw.

+1 on what Thad says but the Pressure Teks special injector has the ball just does not have the spring except has a star washer to keep the port open and ball from closing the bottom port. Like Chris said sometimes the small O ring that the ball seats on goes bad and the ball will stick hard to it. I've had good luck with all my injectors and spares after taking a diagonal wire cutter and cutting off about 1/4 or so of the spring in the check valve. High pressure is going to slam the ball on the check valve shut anyway, I just want to be sure it opens up easily, the real purpose of the spring is to keep the ball from closing the port or hole on the main body of the injector and give the chem an open path around the ball.

Mine that came with the pressure pro machine quit after using it two times in one week.. I think I will just stick with a pump up sprayer ... It has proven to be more reliable and this way chems will not tear up my hose..

Edited by JohnB

If it is installed in the correct direction you can also check the injector orifice. IF some debris became lodged in the chamber or if the orifice backed out that can make the injector stop working as well. They usually come out with a Allen wrench or Flathead screwdriver. Just remove it clean the chamber and reinstall tight.

I probably don't run clear water through the injector often enough. I'll work on that.

But I really do loose the oring. I'm running almost straight 12.5% and 1 or 2 steppeng trucks.

Anyone selling just the oring??? By the way it is a Super Suds Sucker, and when it works, it works.

Edited by calltodd
spelling

Also check to see if your orfice size is the right one for your machine.

I agree for my line of work i would rather use a sprayer then a DS less problems and less things to go wrong and or damage.

Marko

I probably don't run clear water through the injector often enough. I'll work on that.

But I really do loose the oring. I'm running almost straight 12.5% and 1 or 2 steppeng trucks.

Anyone selling just the oring??? By the way it is a Super Suds Sucker, and when it works, it works.

Get a 5 gallon bucket, filled w/clean water. Drop the chemical hose in the bucket and put a clamp on the gun. run the pump while rolling up your supply hose. I have used the same ds for several months now.

Thanks for all the good advice. Been running water thru the injector at the end of the day, haven't blown any more o rings since. I usually take the gun off and just let the hose run so I can run down the tank.

As for the orifice, I am probably running a 3, but I have a 4 on it's way..........

Todd