Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

UAMCC-What would it take for you to renew or Join the UAMCC?

Question

The ***** has had Issues,

We all realize this, the intentions of this post is not to hash or ridicule the past leaders.

This post should serve as a place to tell them what you would like to see happen to rebuild your personal faith in the org.

Please remember the past is the past and no one can do anything about that now.

How can they move into the futrure and what would make you join or re-new.

Help them with your request.

My first advice would to start treating members & Non member as customers.

Second please remember this is a service job....if your not a good person to service others , step away. ( this is advice to all the BOD)

This is not a glamor spot, your voice and personal opinions will be looks at by the entire industry.

I will ad to the list here in a way to help, not to ridicule the new BOD.

The BOD needs a chance to look at the last year and look honestly if this is the direction they want it to go.

Remember anything that is done by anyone is a personal choice.

I'm looking at this from will I renew when its time?

Your thoughts and advice could help, please be honest and constructive. Keep your emotions out.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

65 answers to this question

David .......I toned it down out of respect to this bbs ...their is enough going on umacc bbs tonight

I answered what ron posted: would you join?........ the moderators can read what was originaly posted it said the same identical theme ...........I just took out the Gusto

Edited by dollarspa

I am a proud ***** member and can see no reason why that would change anytime soon.

The ***** may show a bit more tolerance than I would like for people showing up and posting what appears to be veiled accusations and negative nonsense, but stuff happens. Have a nice day.

To all, please stop all the fighting.

Go back David and give a good answer to help, ridicule is over.

I wish I could have seen David v post. I'm sure it was good advice.

Potter stop the negative brother. All the hate and tention is over, the new ***** has a chance.

It's fresh with our brothers finally at the helm as promised.

Now we as the industry need to offer help.

"This post should serve as a place to tell them what you would like to see happen to rebuild your personal faith in the org."

this was the original question ...I answered it.......with my Opinion

To Mr Fields and Mr. ********** I wonder if both of you saw the original post if so I dont know how someones opinion could be construed as negative..

unfortunately I can't ask the beth to reinstate the post because I know her feelings about 38 days not being long enough.

on a side note I noticed on other boards tonight long drawn out post were made by highly respected people and than they modified it or removed 95%

I promise you I wont post after that person saying they were negative .....I assume they had a change of heart as I did......or choose not to escalate the situation.......

and Finally to mr.********** and mr, fields...... I know one of you and respect you the other one I dont know and have equal respect for you as well......

Edited by dollarspa
not a happy camper

I am a proud ***** member and can see no reason why that would change anytime soon.

The ***** may show a bit more tolerance than I would like for people showing up and posting what appears to be veiled accusations and negative nonsense, but stuff happens. Have a nice day.

I'm glad the negative was removed prior to my Seeing it.

Maybe some of the negative folks could make a positive post twords what they would like to see in the future.

Tim, your obviously happy with the results.

So business stay the same for 2010 will keep you happy?

Any other with positive constructive ideas for these leaders in the future, remember if your a member or not these are the new leaders in the indsutry representing you in the future.

3. I would like to see end users promos by the national org.

This truly would not be a tough sistuation, farly easy to perform a collective campaighn.

4. a contractor directory for the org so customers can find us would make me write a check alone.

5. Keep advertising in the cleanertimes( great Move)

Who ever made the ad in CT was genious.

You posted more than what is there now, David. I am not and will not play games with you or anyone else.
I'm done with this.

David, I would have truly like to have seen your positive outlook for the Future.

You sold me on the org, you truly represent the contractors. I think all know your a man of your word and have high standards of integrity.

Sorry David P is playing games.

I have always believed your intentions for this ORg David.

th_CIMG0015-1.jpg Edited by Ron Musgraves

5. Get a pro to design the Website and Maintain it, take the site out of contractors hands and be transparent. Having anyone associated with the industry working on the site looks wrong. ( So we dont get people upset I thank the current people who have helped and developed) Its time to take it to the next level. Its also smart business to hire a real pro, someone not involved in the industtry but involved in Web design with no conflicks of interest.

If money is and Issue I can help raise the money to pay such a Co. These cost should not need to inflated. Good web design is not expensive, many co out there now giving great deals.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

6. People are making the director thing to big and Issue.

Get a Member( maybe _ _ _ _ & _ _ _ _ to help send out packets) Pay them for there time on hours turned in Monthly.

Forward lines into BOD members lines and take turns answering and returning phone calls. We are all busness people, have others take turns until stable to actually pay a salary that resonable.

The 25% of gross membership was silly and is silly. No corp profit or non gives anyone 25% of gross. Most co work on 8% net profit, look what happened on the deal this way?

Membership will want fiscal responsibility with there membership money.

7. Have a convention, ask within the industry for help. I know the money is out there, suppliers want to have meetings. The ***** should follow thru with convention.

The convention should be 40% of annual revenue stream. Most org operate at these numbers.

This is a huge benifit to all members, besides they are alot of fun. People meeting and actually networking makes a real difference.

Its magical.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

8. If anyone has done there homework lowering the membership dollars and trying to increase membership won't work unless you decide to increase suppliers memberships.

Studies proven show it takes 250.00 per year to manage a name alone. This means that at the current rate you have 150.00 per member for additional benifits.

The ***** membership is good price, the value of what they could provide is solid and very resonable.

10. Admit the wrongs, apoligize to the membership for the past mistakes and assure the members this will not happen again.

In the same breath assure the membership you will make mistakes but they will be regonized and fixed. ( Not swept under the carpet)

Take the time to call Industry Assoiciates to ensure them for there efforts. ( DIST, Suppliers, CT, GH, )

Make sure on your thank you list no one was forgotten.

11. Pay GH the 5000.00 as fast as you can. Use membership money beg borrow ask for help. Divided by members its 38 dollars, if your members believe in what your doing its a small price to pay for learning.

I have the first donation if someone will call me.

NCE is Happy to help contractors at any level under any circumstance.

I would immiedetly get there ED to show them all the financial books and let them see all of the financial checks to see there was no improprities done. I would also after that point remove the ED and look for a new one asap and let this new ED know that they work for the org. and not the other way around like the last ED did. You learn from you mistakes and hopefully they learn from this one.

I would continue onwards with membership drives and keep that a top priority. I would do some restructering on how and what monies can be spent. In there case I would use current membership money to pay George Hendley's his money owed yesterday. I would also look for more volunteers at every corner. Among those I would look for past Good guys such as David Vicars to see if he would help out. I would look to keep the ones at bay who want to look the other way like some did last year and look for some fresh faces who want to move forward this year.

There is many more idea's I would suggest for this org. but there immiedete action would be to get a new ED in there asap and seperate themselves as fast as possible from the old one and move on.

There is many more idea's I would suggest for this org. but there immiedete action would be to get a new ED in there asap and seperate themselves as fast as possible from the old one and move on.

I disagree with that statement, its ok because we have been disagreing for 10 years.

ED's are too expensive, they should focus on raising some money and allow the members to help with some of the daily tasks.

Hire a member hourly for the staff work, have a BOD take calls and answer questions. Get a bank account with some dollars in it, host a smaller conventions and bring some dollars in.

11. Instead of wash with us, run a charity Carwash accross the nations and assoicate it with the CWA. Pre-sell tickets and use free media to hype the event in each city. I once raised 5000.00 in one day by myself, imagine what 30 member could do in a week or even one day.

I would immiedetly get there ED to show them all the financial books and let them see all of the financial checks to see there was no improprities done

John I lost 650 and I could careless, its gone and we cannot rehash the past. Its pointless to even talk about the money, at the time it was Carlos money. The New BOD has Assured that Carlos is out of the picture without anymore ties to the org now or in the future. We as business people should have been smarter with our dollars and check, we took the word of people and trusted that it was a Non-profit. Thats on us buddy, it was a profit corp that had not been changed. all the Past records are Carlos and we are never going to see them.

Let IT GO John,

Stay positive in 2010, you can help the *****. They need ya

I stand by what I posted Ron. The new BOD has to see what there left with and what debts werent paid and they will need to get that info from there Past ED and there is no skirting that. Once they have all the numbers such as how much they have left in the bank, what damaged they need fix and then have a new stratagy in place then and only then do I think they can move onwards with out to much collateral damage. On this you can just say lets move on....they need to see what they have first to move on with and then go from there and unfortunetely in there case they are going to need to see the financials so they can dig themselves out of any holes they may be in. Thats just smart business that can not be avoided in this case. They'll get it done because of believe it or not I have much more confidence in this board today then I did the yesterdays.

I stand by what I posted Ron. The new BOD has to see what there left with and what debts werent paid and they will need to get that info from there Past ED and there is no skirting that. Once they have all the numbers such as how much they have left in the bank, what damaged they need fix and then have a new stratagy in place then and only then do I think they can move onwards with out to much collateral damage. On this you can just say lets move on....they need to see what they have first to move on with and then go from there and unfortunetely in there case they are going to need to see the financials so they can dig themselves out of any holes they may be in. Thats just smart business that can not be avoided in this case. They'll get it done because of believe it or not I have much more confidence in this board today then I did the yesterdays.

Johh incase you missed this they have 2500 in bank and 5000 owed to GH.

Its over, starting new John. Live with it, we all live and learn.

Lets start all over and see what we can make of this again, the post is to help the new BOD.

We can demand all we want, they cant fix this. All we can do is move forward and look into the future.

The org is broke and we as contractors can help fix it. Simple John open your wallet and help.

Talking and arguing about the past will not help, givng them sound advice so they understand what the industry truly wants is what is needed.

We all wish they had a million in the bank buying TV spots to promote the industry, now back to reality....we need to raise 5000.00 to get out of debt.