Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

UAMCC-What would it take for you to renew or Join the UAMCC?

Question

The ***** has had Issues,

We all realize this, the intentions of this post is not to hash or ridicule the past leaders.

This post should serve as a place to tell them what you would like to see happen to rebuild your personal faith in the org.

Please remember the past is the past and no one can do anything about that now.

How can they move into the futrure and what would make you join or re-new.

Help them with your request.

My first advice would to start treating members & Non member as customers.

Second please remember this is a service job....if your not a good person to service others , step away. ( this is advice to all the BOD)

This is not a glamor spot, your voice and personal opinions will be looks at by the entire industry.

I will ad to the list here in a way to help, not to ridicule the new BOD.

The BOD needs a chance to look at the last year and look honestly if this is the direction they want it to go.

Remember anything that is done by anyone is a personal choice.

I'm looking at this from will I renew when its time?

Your thoughts and advice could help, please be honest and constructive. Keep your emotions out.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

65 answers to this question

unfortunately I can't ask the beth to reinstate the post because I know her feelings about 38 days not being long enough.

Let's clear one thing up right here, and right now....

If anyone edits their own post here, neither I nor any mod has the power to change it back to what it was. The software doesn't work like that. If you edit your own post, your changes are your own and it will also say you edited it. In fact if ANYONE edits your post, any moderator, it will say who did it.

11. Pay GH the 5000.00 as fast as you can. Use membership money beg borrow ask for help. Divided by members its 38 dollars, if your members believe in what your doing its a small price to pay for learning.

I have the first donation if someone will call me.

NCE is Happy to help contractors at any level under any circumstance.

Let me get this straight....you want those who already paid to see him as well as THOSE WHO DID NOT ATTEND, to cough up money to pay him now rather than over time because the org mishandled the money? Look, I understand that part of our annual dues go to the upcoming convention. I understand that if you choose to go further out of pocket to attend, it's a choice. But I do not think it is fair to ask members who chose NOT to go, to make a payment when they didn't have the benefit of attending to begin with. Put up a donations link if you want, but IMO it's not right to expect everyone to pay when not everyone attended.

It's not non-profit yet, so it's not a write off either is it?

Beth :cup:

Edited by Beth n Rod

I disagree... I don't feel like those of us who made a decision NOT to attend in the first place, do NOT need to feel that assisting with a convention expense falls on our wallets to "save the integrity" of the organization. Personally - I think this debt falls squarely on the shoulders of ANY one that was on that committee, and especially on the check writers since only that/those person(s) knew the financial facts. This was during the time of questionable information and I don't think it should cost the members any more money....unless they WANT to.

Note to Beth - I do believe that a business can still claim the convention as a business write-off.....education or something.....just not a donation.

If the ED told the Committee that the funds were there and it was OK, then shame on the ED. If the committee knew about it, then the committee should have done something THEN to fix it, maybe passed a hat in Orlando....

It should not be passed on to those who did not go!!! That's just wrong. Donations are one thing, imposing an extra fee, is quite something else.

BOO HISS!

Beth

You can't be serious? Do you really think it is an overnight thing to do what they are doing? Have some patience!

Beth

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dollarspa viewpost-right.png

I think I would like to join just havent seen any change 38 days later

You can't be serious? Do you really think it is an overnight thing to do what they are doing? Have some patience!

Beth

Edited by dollarspa

I think the people who attended even more so, maybe even some of the attendees who got a free ticket might offer to just go ahead and pay. If they truly thought the event was good and GH was worth the money they didnt pay to begin with.

The people that believe in the org at this point have no choice, money is not going to come out of thin air.

Let me get this straight....you want those who already paid to see him as well as THOSE WHO DID NOT ATTEND, to cough up money to pay him now rather than over time because the org mishandled the money? Look, I understand that part of our annual dues go to the upcoming convention. I understand that if you choose to go further out of pocket to attend, it's a choice. But I do not think it is fair to ask members who chose NOT to go, to make a payment when they didn't have the benefit of attending to begin with. Put up a donations link if you want, but IMO it's not right to expect everyone to pay when not everyone attended.

It's not non-profit yet, so it's not a write off either is it?

Beth :cup:

It is a non profit now, it was not when the money was mismanaged. Its really a mute issue on the books past the day the BOD took over.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dollarspa viewpost-right.png

I think I would like to join just havent seen any change 38 days later

Beth

David the Post is about Offering help, can you offer help. Ideas for the new leaders not ridicule, anyone can ridicule.

It takes a bigger person to offer there ideas and help. 38 days is hardly anything, these people are brandnew and trying to learn everything and make inteligent choices.

Often people can help right here by given good advice instead of just be sacastic.

Ron, I respectfully disagree. I can believe in the org and still feel it is not my responsibility to pay for a speaker I didn't see, that was not paid due to mismanagement of funds!

Beth

Yes I believe your right, but lets face it. If someone does not pay it or offer too its not going to get paid. They need 14 members to sign up or 8 supplier members in order to pay GH.

Someone should start working the phones and get them paid.

Yes I believe your right, but lets face it. If someone does not pay it or offer too its not going to get paid. They need 14 members to sign up or 8 supplier members in order to pay GH.

Someone should start working the phones and get them paid.

Tom Durbin volunteered to make calls!

I was on that committee along with Rob the Convention chair, Don Phelps,Jeff L and Carlos. Don phelps was looking to get us a speaker relatively cheap. Probably $2000 or less. Jeff L. found George Hedley and he pushed to have George. Him and Carlos but it was mostly Jeff that brokered that deal. Us other 3 guys were skeptical because of the expense of getting a $5000 speaker with the org. being so new.

End result from what was told is that Carlos said the Convention was a success all the way around including financially. Now this is what I was told by others who can view the ***** bb and who talked to Carlos since I can do neither.

Since now Carlos once again has not been truthful here Jeff L has let it be knowned on the net that he now to has been lied to. From what I hear Jeff is so mad that he is willing to pay at least half of the debt owed to George. Carlos has said he would pay that debt but.....he hasn't.

Ron your nuts if you think I am going to donate anymore money after finding out my donation money has disappeared. Jeff is now questioning what happened to his $1000 sponsorship money that was earmarked for George when he did his speaking.

My guess Jeff is biting his hand to respond here to blindly defend Carlos once again as he has been doing the last bunch of months but now Jeff is getting bit in the azz some so I wonder what he thinks now??

Either way they have to raise the money to clear that Debt before George makes an issue of this. Even thought George is a heck of a nice guy nobody on earth likes to get shafted out of $5000. The ***** can do a quick fund raiser such as a quick 50/50 raffle to each member to get that debt paid off. They should get it done soon since once again they have an embarrassment looming around the corner if this doesn't get done.

I feel the whole dang issue is just extremely sad, like I said somewhere a year and a half or so ago, that some way some how (and I didnt know how) this whole thing would be another blackeye for us all (members and non members) I wish this is one deal I was wrong about on one hand and on the other its like divine retribution for me who had to watch so many turn on me for telling the truth about all the backroom shady garbage that was going on in the first place!

My mom always said watch out for a country boy with a good B.S. meter, he will see right thru all the smoke and mirrors everytime.

Edited by Russ Spence

I feel the whole dang issue is just extremely sad, like I said somewhere a year and a half or so ago, that some way some how (and I didnt know how) this whole thing would be another blackeye for us all (members and non members) I wish this is one deal I was wrong about on one hand and on the other its like divine retribution for me who had to watch so many turn on me for telling the truth about all the backroom shady garbage that was going on in the first place!

You know the saying Russ "If cooler heads prevail" in this case the ***** does have a chance. I agree with you that somewhere last year something within there went astray. Something went wrong. Since this is a new year you have to think that the new BOD's there will find away to make that org work. There all business men in there first and formost and with that mindset and no ONE person being able to strangle hold them between all of them it seems that they should be able to work this all out.

Thats what I'm guessing and if they can do it then I will renew my membership there. Only time will tell.......

I really wish that someone would just tape up the box of BS and move forward. There has been a lot of collateral damage over the past 18 months - it can't be changed and it is absolutely counter-productive to keep stirring the smelly stuff every day. The BBS itself has become the armpit of the industry - and that's pretty stinky too.

What everyone needs to realize is that you can't change the past - you can only learn from it and MOVE FORWARD. With some space, the new BOD may be able to push the org beyond all of these potholes and get it back on track to being what the initial vision was. It's just stupid to keep digging holes for them though. The bottom line is, we need to give them the latitude (and rope) to work with. Only time will tell if the lifeline is correctly strung or if they'll hang themselves with it.

I think its fair to discuss the past so the present doesnt repeat itself. I think in most of the post you still see people hoping that the ***** can get back on track. What your seeing at least on TGS and *** is that nobody is just out and out stomping on the ***** when they felt like they were wrong. Its like a healing process. Today your seeing that most like Ron and Myself wanting to see the ***** get it together but all orgs should be aware that if somebody feels like they got SCREWED the org should have in place a PR system that handles that instead of a system of "We hope they go away so we don't have to deal with it so we can act like it never happened".

A PR committee I would highly reccommend for the ***** in a NY minute. Since ORG's are such a PUBLIC business they should be able to handle a public fiasco at the very least. This keeps the transparency intact.

Well, gee John - let's look at the suggestion you just made about a PR Committee. The ***** goes out of the gate great guns with lots of energy (and few volunteers). They start stumbling - several folks start bailing (I'm not saying for bad reasons - just saying the team shrunk). They try to pick themselves up with a few new names. Moving again - plunk into another pothole and more folks bail. NEW names get in the mix and find themselves mired in OLD STINKY POOP, overworked beyond reason trying to fix, placate, progress with more people throwing OLD STINKY POOP at them and you want another committee - a PR Committee to be added. Who in their right mind would VOLUNTEER to step into that mess? Yeah, okay, good luck! They have no money so they can't hire someone to fight that fight and the "industry" is running out of bodies.

I would hope that we are all able to learn from the past. As most of you know, the roots of the ***** germinated in the "poop" of the PWNA, so I don't fear the smell, as long as I'm doing all that I can to clean it up!