Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Why Power Wash?

Question

I'm not asking why we all power wash - that's kind of obvious :) What I'd like to know is when someone asks "why do I need to have so-and-so power washed", what are the reasons you give? In this economy, our reasons have probably changed a bit from the "your home is your most valuable asset" line. Do you use environmental reasons now? How?

Hopefully, this thread will help us all in better promoting this year!

Thanks!

Celeste

10 answers to this question

Good thread to start Celeste! I use the health issues, curb appeal, how low pressure is safer to what is being washed, how it adds life to the shingles, How a small investment, if you selling, more than doubles what you can add to the price of you house, sell it quicker too!

As far as health issues I tell them that what is on the outside of the home is soon going to be in the vents and ducts. the best way to stop or slow this is to keep the outside free of mold etc.

Well, for commercial work it's easy; health issues, slip hazards, curb appeal. For residential it's a little tougher sell. I focus on the effects of mold and how it can effect them, their children, their pets, etc. Curb appeal is secondary in this economy, but still a viable concern. Even if a home is losing value, why accelerate it further by letting mold and mildew take hold? Many folks spend time at home vs. traveling in summer months, so deck upkeep is important to them even more now.

If people don't have the money they are not going to have some one Power Wash. It's the last thing that needs to be done unless there selling and they might not have the money to get it washed anyway. Gotta find people not affected by the economy. Over the last two years people with money have put maintenance off too !

"Living in a clean house makes you think better" " "A clean house leads to more Romance" A National Power Washing survey of cleaned houses has found peoples *** lives have improved after their house was washed ! They just feel better !!

If they are calling you then they already know why it has to be washed. Why bother washing the floors in the house when they are just going to get dirty again?

I use all those points, when selling. I think the homeowner just wants reassurance when they want their property washed.

The better question is "Why Should I Use Your Company???" I'm starting to see this question more every year. I sounded like an Idiot the first time I was asked that, caught me completely off guard.

I usually hang up if they start asking all those questions. Life is to short. When I leave a house and they ask when they should have it cleaned again my standard reply is, "when you can't stand looking at it dirty again".

If they start asking too many questions over the phone about chemicals and ratios you know it's a homeowner ready to do the job by themself. I guess it's a matter of ethics if you want to give the corrrect information.

IMO, everyone seems to make great points (with the exception of one post). Really, it's a balance of all of the above, and knowing how to read a customer to create the correct balance of sales points. Investment preservation is still a very viable point to make especially in todays fiscal environment. Educating potential customers on the benefits of maintenance expense as opposed to replacement or repair expenses is still key. Health aspects are of tremendous leverage when there are elderly or very young people living in the structure/environment. Safety is applicable to the entire prospective gammut in today's "sue-happy" culture!. Finally, selling yourself/your company backed up by your performance will not only assure the customer of your competance, it will most likely get you invited back for follow-ups and initialize the invaluable asset of referrals. Anyway, that's just my two cents worth. Cheers!

GREEN, there's no need to keep your house that way after "St Paddies Day" Call after MARCH 17th..........All water is Blessed and topped off with a PINT !!!