Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Redy Seal and rain put to the test.

Question

I finished spraying the footprint of a 1k sq. ft. deck and had been curing for about 30-45 minutes while I brushed the trim and skirting. It started to sprinkle a little as I was finishing the trim. The rain water beaded up nicely on the deck as I was eating my fingernails hoping for the best.

Like I said, 30-45 minutes before the sprinkleing started.

I took a few pics of the project but want to wait for more pics tomorrow when I put the furniture back.

Hoping for the best outcome possible.

I have never really cut it so close with the weather as I did today.

It should be ok, riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

9 answers to this question

Adrian,

A spit of sprinkling or a quick shower should not be a problem. Even with newer PT or cedar. We've had veritable downpours an hour after applying RS without problem.

That's great news Rick. Like I said I will know for sure tomorrow when I go back to lug their furniture back on the deck.

It looked great when I left and was beading up very nicely. Hopefully I am just worrying too much about it.

I like to worry, it gives me something to do after 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

Most problems encountered with rain will be from leaving to much oil on the surface. Then the water and oil mix doesn't look that great but is still a pretty easy fix

What a boob I am. Is it still Monday????? I just realized I spelled Ready Seal wrong in the title.

I really do know how to spell guys. Really.

Ok James, thx. what is the quick fix if this is the case. Re-spray, or pad it all down again?

Gimme some ammo to work with if things go ugly.

Adrian, I've had it rain hard right after staining with no problem. Like Jim mentioned earlier, you may encounter a problem if you have flooded the surface with stain and not removed any puddling, but that is an easy fix.

Well, the little bit of rain directly after the spray yesterday looked ok and good to go.

But the tropical monsoon at 04:00am this morning is what left the finish "spotted".

I'll need to re-spray.