Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Pressure wash thief

Question

8 answers to this question

I HATE this kind of cr*p. Just rent the stinking hydrant meter and pay for your water, be legal!!!!! Build it into the job!!! But stop making the rest of us look bad you sleazoid hack!!!!!!

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!

We have rented hydrant meters many times. The cost of the water is not prohibitive. There is value in obtaining water legally. One year we had the WSSC water police arrive on a job site of ours. We had a meter. He took the tag number off the meter, wrote it down and told us to have a great day. If we had not had that meter we would have been arrested. Our water police carry FIREARMS. The officer told us about all the pool companies that steal water. At that point I was not aware there were water police, but there are...at least here.

Be legal. Be honest. It is not hard to do!!!!

GGGGRRRRRR!!!!!!

Don't be a sleazoid hack!!!!

Beth :groovy3:

:cup: my coffee occasionally allows me the freedom to rant.... :cup:

On a Sunday around 9 am in the morning, last month, as we was on a job-site, had the meter going, turned on the fire hydrant to feed our tanks just as we did many of times in the past. About 15 minutes into the job, a city pick up truck came by. asked what we was doing. Saw the color coded meter and approached us. I gave him the info on us. He confirmed with the office by radio that we had an account. No problem.

Asked, how did you know we had the hydrant going? We was in a industrial park and did not see a car or any life for 3 hours. It was like a ghost town. He told us that the cities are now installing Pressure/ Flow sensors to tell if the hydrant/ pipe line, is leaking or someone turned them on. It took him 5 minutes to confirm the loss of flow/ pressure, where the line was losing that flow/ pressure, then another 10 minutes to drive through the city to get to our location. WOW. I was impressed !!! Glad I had that meter !!!

Those sensors are either installed or being installed and most of the time you don't see them as they are most of the time underground.

They can even be on part of that line 500' or 1000' away from the hydrant from what I was told.

It is not worth the risk of stealing water in my opinion.

The few times I rented a meter a police officer came by and asked what we were doing so I told them that we are washing. One officer got out of the car and looked at the meter and asked if we got permission to use the hydrant and I explained that I put a deposit at city hall for the meter to be installed here for the job to be done. They went on their way. Same thing happened the other times. I am not sure if there was a sensor there but each time I used the meter each different nite a police officer just happened to drive by and check it out. One officer acted all upset like if he caught us doing something wrong or were interrupting his donut break. hahahahaha