Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Watched while working.

Question

17 answers to this question

I had a monster spider jump on my shirt last summer when I was working and nearly freaked me out. Damn thing must have been nearly 4 inches long! I have seen some wild spiders since moving to Florida. Cool picture!

Years ago I had to walk off a job because of the amount (and size)of the spiders on the house. I told the HO to have an exterminator get rid of the spiders and I'll return. She never called me back and that was just fine with me.

We try not to kill them when cleaning roofs, they eat mosquitos

You never had a problem with them trying to eat you?

A common problem when I lived in Japan were the spiders in the apartments. They were huge but harmless. At night while trying to sleep you could hear them running on the rice-paper interior doors. Used to freak me out but you get over it after a while. The bugs are just huge over there.

A common problem when I lived in Japan were the spiders in the apartments. They were huge but harmless. At night while trying to sleep you could hear them running on the rice-paper interior doors. Used to freak me out but you get over it after a while. The bugs are just huge over there.

NO KIDDING - the Banana spiders could carry away a small child. Funniest thing I EVER experienced was watching a dozen hard-core Marines (screaming like little girls mind you!) busting out of every opening in my dive van because there was a banana spider in it. I feared for the safety of our country at that moment :)

Is that a poisonous spider? Gives me the creeps lol

I don't know. Gave me quite the scare until I blasted it with the water.