Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

Never knew it took so much

Hey Brian...

Where do you get a 10gpm cold water unit, i would like to know the cost of that, i have seen as high as 8gpm for about 3 grand

What about just setting the whole system up inside a van? would that work well or am i better off getting the enclosed trailer and pulling it with a van? trying to go the cheaper way but i want to do it right

i guess for the winter you store your unit and trailer in a garage?

Buy a cold water unit to start and then get the hot water as you go. It sounds like you are doing houses and decks and buildings. You only need hot water for grease and gum. I have been doing it for 21 years and all my trucks have tanks with 2 or 3 machines on it and they all have a 10 gal. Cold water Machine that is used more than anything.

I feel the same way. 17 years ago I started this business with a cold washer Honda/Cat and now run three units, all cold water. I wash most everything execpt grease because cold water has little effect on it. Other than that I'm busy seven days a week. In fact I just came in 2 hours ago from a large restaurant job. Can you believe I was working on the fourth of July? Actually it's the only day this restaurant closes at noon. Oh yeah, I was using that same cold water washer I bought 17 years ago.

I do not know how you could keep a machine for that long. Butt you could get a 10 gal. With a 25 horse engine with a gear box for around 4,200. Or you could get a 10 gal Cat pump with belt drive for around 6,000. I have both and love them. Love the Cat pumps

It sits on a new frame and the unloader has been changed a few times but other than that it still runs fine. That one is not used everyday but it does get used. In fact it's one of the machines getting used tomorrow on a pretty big concrete job. Gotta love those Cat pumps.

We beat our machines up. If I get 3-4 years I am happy. The cat pumps are the best and last the longest and we even put the chemical thru the pumps.

Beth told me to give them a call also, i will do that. What about Bob from pressure tek...i see a lot of people throwing respect his way....and can you recommend a company to buy all my chemicals from for working with a cold unit doing residential work

thanks

chazz

Pressure Tek is very good but look around in your own city for a chemical supplier too. I don't live in a very large city but there are several suppliers within 5 miles of me.

I have tried diffrent products from local vendors. I like the way pressure tek products work for me and I don't find them to be expensive. Plus you can't beat the customer service from them. The local guys around here don't seem to have a clue about pressure washing. I ask them about an 8 gpm machine and they told me they don't make one. Springfield is only 1 hour away from me, who and what products do you use locally?

post-2213-137772334425_thumb.jpgI buy my SH from a place called Astro Chemicals here in Springfield, only 10 minutes away from my home. They only sell it as 15 percent (which is fine with me) at 2 dollars a gallon in 15 gallon drums with a 50 dollar deposite. I've got ten empty droms behind my garage I have to return someday. I was looking at their website the other day and saw they sell oxalic acid for only a dollar a pound sold in 50 pound containers. I've got to pick up one tomorrow for that concrete job I was going to do today until I found out today is still considered a holiday.

Here are some pictures I took about 1 minute ago. Let's see if I can upload them right this time. One picture is of the 15 gallon drums. The other is the tanks on the truck I mix them into. The tank closest to you is the SH mix. The other tank is just for plain water.

If you look up Astro's website you'll see they have lots more to sell. The warehouse is very easy to get to, right off Rt.91 or the Mass Pike. Real easy to find.

post-2213-137772334447_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick2
spelling