Sign in to follow this  
taizentek

Any of you professionals work on Long Island?

Hey, I am an occasional visitor to the site and have gotten a lot of help in the past for which I am very grateful. I'm curious if any of the regular pros on this site do work in nassau county. There are a number of regular contributors that I can tell by their history on this site that are true professionals. Unfortunately for me, I doubt they would travel to Long Island for a 300 ft2 deck. (would you Rick?, Beth & Rod? Diamond Jim? etc.

Anyway, I'm giving my ipe deck one more attempt on my own, but if this doesn't work, I will be looking a pro in the spring.

Rick, if your reading this, I tried that defy water based on my deck this year and while the rail still lokks good, the deck looks like it failed quickly. I automatically assumed that I screwed up in the application (especially since I did it on an extremely hot day and it seemed to be flash drying on me even as I was giving it a wet onwet coat.), but I saw that your experiment didn't turn out that well either. It makes me feel a little better knowing that it might not have been all my fault.

Anyway, if there are any LI pros out there, a great way for you to advertise is to share your experience on a site like this. It lets a homeowner see your professionalism before they even call and IMO makes them less likely to waste your time just matching prices. I know, you get what you pay for.

Mike,

Only for about 10 times your deck size would I even consider travelling to L.I., it is a nasty, stop and go drive!

Defy has held its color on my ipe' about the same as Ready Seal or Armstrong Clark. Aside from the PITA factor in application, it also scratches very easily, much more so than the oils. Not good when you have 2 dogs and a spouse that drags the teak deck furniture.

John Tornabene owns Clean County Powerwashing out of Kings Park, NY and does a lot of high end wood restoration on L.I. His website is: http://www.cleancounty.com/

Give him a call in the spring, they do nice work.

Yup Call me in the spring because we are not staining any jobs right now due to the cold weather. If you call let me know that you found me thru TGS. My number is in my signature and my website.

Yup Call me in the spring because we are not staining any jobs right now due to the cold weather. If you call let me know that you found me thru TGS. My number is in my signature and my website.

This thread is a perfect example of why this forum is here.

I mean, look how much got accomplished in 3 or 4 post'.

Look what just happened.

...so cool