Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

Harry Potter

Question

34 answers to this question

Ya all are finks,

I had to go see megabrain or whatever with a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds. 3D in the front row, I still have a headache! Daughters B Day present. what can a Dad do?

Ant,

It's the classic good vs evil, and good wins. The same struggle appears in many, many books. (conflict style)

Did you read the books? They are excellent. Children who did not used to read, have taken up reading as a result of these books.

Beth

With regard to it being too scary for kids my 9 and 10 year old loved it.... my 5 year old fell asleep and woke up during a certain scene with a snake which startled her a bit :)

I guess it is what your kids are used to, as well. My 15 year old, who is admittedly VERY squeamish, jumped a foot out of his chair when the snake struck. I saw it coming and closed my eyes. I don't know where he gets it from.

OK. Saw Harry Potter today. (Also saw Unstoppable today. What can I say? I made a day of it.)

I really liked HP but wish I had rewatched the last one prior to going. Couldn't remember hardly anything that happened in the last movie. I'm glad for the warnings of it being darker than past episodes, and also boy, they ARE growin up, aren't they? Missed some of the cool, fun effects, but overall really enjoyed it.