Sign in to follow this  
steveh

reasonable price to rebuild cat pump

Could anyone tell me a reasonable price tp pay to have a cat pump (4.6 Gpm) rebuilt? the casing and all seem to be in good shape,also could the unloader valve cause pump to go bad. I only have 800 or so hours on machine and I thought Cat was the best. Ive never had a problem with cavitation,and take care of servicing it just like its my living,,cause it is. Thanks in advance for your time and advise!!

Teh last couple of times I found it was cheaper to buy a new pump. I run a TS 2021. I tried an Anno Reverbi. I was supposed to be cheaper. It cost more because it did not hold up near as well as the TS 2021.

This advice is worth exactly what you paid for.

Could anyone tell me a reasonable price tp pay to have a cat pump (4.6 Gpm) rebuilt? the casing and all seem to be in good shape,also could the unloader valve cause pump to go bad. I only have 800 or so hours on machine and I thought Cat was the best. Ive never had a problem with cavitation,and take care of servicing it just like its my living,,cause it is. Thanks in advance for your time and advise!!

What leads you to believe the pump needs rebuilding? And what model Cat is it?

What leads you to believe the pump needs rebuilding? And what model Cat is it?

Straight from unloader it was 2200 psi,when by passed unloader straight off pump 2400 psi,not sure the model but its on my 34005,thx.. oh yeah replied to ur e-mail

Cat pumps are the best!!! It sounds like you may have something stuck in 1 of the valves. Open up the cap and take the valve out and check the spring.

Straight from unloader it was 2200 psi,when by passed unloader straight off pump 2400 psi,not sure the model but its on my 34005,thx.. oh yeah replied to ur e-mail

That's a 5CP3120.

What nozzle are you using to test?

Teh last couple of times I found it was cheaper to buy a new pump. I run a TS 2021. I tried an Anno Reverbi. I was supposed to be cheaper. It cost more because it did not hold up near as well as the TS 2021.

This advice is worth exactly what you paid for.

I've gone through several of those AR pumps too, wasn't at all happy with them. One of my machines runs a very old Cat that still runs fine. Had to replace the unloader a few years back (5?). The other machines run Generals... never had a single problem with those.