Sign in to follow this  
Dale

Extendawand

I bought an 18' extendawand last fall and used it about 8 times and really like it but when I was going to use it the other day the pin lock mechanism came off the center pole...anybody know how to glue it back on? It seems like most of any adhesive would be scraped off when it would be slid back on. Anybody have this happen before and how did you fix it? Thanks Dale

That's a great question Dale, as the same thing happened to me. The whole mechanism came unglued and fell right off mine. It's just holding on with friction now, and as long as I don't have to extend very far it still works.

Hopefully Beth can find out what type adhesive needs to be used.

Thanks in advance Beth.....:)

Man the same thing happen to my wand this past Saturday. I try to call them but they wont return any of my calls. My wand is still under the factory warranty. I tried to e-mail them on some other things such as the pole harness. They over charge me on the shipping and the harness wasn't what I expected. Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks Daryl

Just so you all know, I have a few poles in stock here in Maryland. I have more on order to be shipped here, but theyhave been on backorder a while. We are trying to get them so we can stock them and have them readily available. However this is a real challenge.

Beth

Here's Steve Howland's response to me vial email....

Beth,

Please let the customer know that all they need to do is re glue the part on using an epoxy type product, the surface should be sanded on the area the glue will be applied. Allow 24 hours for complete cure. Be sure the line up the pin lok collar with the trigger gun so that the pole will be in correct position once the part is glued and cured. Any further questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Stephen Howland

Extend-A-Wand Inc.

PO Box 3090

33B Rosemont Avenue

Sussex, New Brunswick E4E 2R5

Canada

Toll Free Tel: 866.783.9390

Toll Free Fax: 866.783.9424

Local Tel: (506)433.1939

Local Fax: (506)433.1508

EMail: info@extendawand.com

Here's my response about Steve that I left on a different bb.

Even though I like the Extenda wand I to am disappointed in the way Steve handles his customer service. Awhile back my Extenda wand parts broke. I called Steve a few times but he never returned my calls. So I then Notified Beth from See Dirt Run about my problem and she wen't out of her way to contact him. Steve told her that he would take care of my problem free of charge except for the shipping.

SO what happens?? Steve sends me my parts and hits me up for around $35 or so.

Ok.....He went against his word by charging me but at least I got my parts......Now the new problem I am having is that I glued these parts together but that didn't work. Now I hear that Steve won't return his calls to tell us what Kind of Epoxy Glue he recommends to fix these parts.

I still say that the Wand is a good one but the Customer Service is about as bad as I seen in the Powerwashing field. I believe that Steve was tipped off that I am a board of director for the PWNA but he still doesn't care. So now I no longer recommend to anyone to purchase his wand. Bad business practice by him as far as I'm concerned.......This is for him [lskjfdjf]

FWIW,

I do not own an Extend-a-wand, but do have some extension poles, glass and aluminum...

I have had the twist locks come off the base pole and boy howdy, it's a booger to use a pole that you just can't extend or retract..Every one I have ever bought has done this, usually very shortly after I paid for them...bummer...

I used (and would suggest to anyone) a simple epoxy from Ace Hardware to fix the problem. Either 5-min. or 24 Hr. epoxy should work fine. I prefer the 5-min. type because it gives me enough time to work, but does not stay runny too long and require my babysitting..

Disassemble the components, clean thouroughly with denatured alcohol (no residue), apply epoxy as needed and re-assemble, allow to cure over night, go back to work.. Never a failure after this homemade repair..

OH YEAH !>>> Be sure and leave the pole separated during curing (so you don't have a permanent fixed length pole)and wipe off any that squirts out from the edges (so it does not interfere with normal extension and retraction)..

Hope this helps,

Cujo

Had similar problems with the extension wand available through Northern Tool...piece of junk when it comes to construction durability but otherwise very useful. I fixed it by drilling some small holes through the twist lock receiver and the shaft and putting a few pop rivits in it....never had any more problems and treat it like an unwanted invasion of ants after a heavy rain. You'd think for $180 they could put a couple pieces of this ancient technology into the contraption for a few cents and make it work.

I do not own a extention wand, however i'd like to get one. Can anyone tell me where i might find a good one.

Pat

DO NOT get one of those noodly things from Northern! I believe Beth carries one here. Another type (pricey but well worth it) is the Coress Wand. I personally can't handle any other wand but the Coress - it's rigidness helps me to hold it where it needs to be....but then again, I'm just a girl :)

Celeste

I've had numerous extension poles, the fiberglass yellow and blue ones, and now I have two Extendawands. I don't even use the fiberglass wands anymore. They're too heavy and sway too much. And those twist cam locks are the worst, especially with soap on your hands.

Both Extendawands have experienced failures. Plastic housing on gun handle cracked on one, and the other has failed glue on couplings, and set screws falling out.

Fairly mild failures, easy enough to fix, but how many is too many? Even with these issues, I'd still rather have an Extendawand.

I despise the fiberglass poles......:(

Hello, to all

My advise on the Extendawands. Run Run Run away from them. Steve Howland does not back his products and you can rarely reach him if you have and issue concerning the wands. Took me approx 5 month to solve a broken wand issue with him. Not worth the trouble or the money. Please by locally if you have to. Hard to travel to Canada if you need customer service. You will not get it over the phone.

Degraffreed

Just so the Moderators know, yes I have seen the above post....

The content stands. However, we do encourage the poster to please share his real name. This post will have alot more credibility if you post your real name.

Personally, we do like the wands, all equipment breaks down sometime. Does it break down too easily? That is a tougher question to answer. I will agree that the communication coming from the manufacturer to customers and to us as distributors could be FAR better than it is. I'll just leave it at that.... :(

Beth